DSMX transmitter recall

Ed Darter

Advert

I have just pinged them an e mail basically saying that their private customers should receive the same compensation for the inconvenience as the local hobby stores.

You never know it may help, I know that generally horizon have excellent customer service and that they are doing their best. It does not help though that I am still unable to pursue my hobby.

Steve

I sent mine back last week. Just shows how handy it is having loads of TX's. Still could use the DSM9 on spektrum at last weeks RCM&E fly-in, and one model originally was on 35Mhz, and then to DX8 2.4, went back to 35Mhz, as the model memory was still in the JR 3810. phew!

Still, my faith in Spektrum has been dented, and will do a full range-checks, and other checks, before comitting it back into main use.

I might relegate the DX8 to PK foamies and buy JR/Spektrum RX's, instead, still we'll see...

• 1 month later...
I don't think you'd be disappointed, Stu - it's a generation ahead of the DX7. Mine has had the firmware update, although I've never had any issues that could be directly attributed to a fault in the Tx.

Given the number of users who've tested it to its limits around the world, I think they've probably worked their way through most of the hiccups now - and the software updates make it a lot easier all round.

Pete

I'd say that all new Tx's will be DSMX and they will have had the firmware update that corrected the occasional incompatibility experienced by some with DSM2 Rx's.

One option if you were adamant about a DSM2-based Tx would be to revert to the V1.04 update if it's still available on the website.

Again, the gimbal problem seemed to be experienced by only a small proportion of users and, I have to assume, new Tx's will have been inspected for this particular issue.

Pete

ps V1.04 is still available....

Edited By Pete B on 18/08/2011 18:44:01

I am busy playing with my newly acquired DX8 right now - having to rebind and setup 25+ models on it is a pain
They are all DSMX or DSM2 switchable - you need to select which you want in each model memory /setup.
I have loaded the latest beta 2.03 version of the software, and all seems good.
One thing I didnt like at all, was the way the rear case is removed to access the gimbals etc - the rubber grips ( 4 x off ) are glued on with double sided tape as well as rubber locating pegs !
Still finding out about the set, and have yet to figure out the opening screen when in setup mode - "raw stick data or summat "
Overall though, its a fine set and I think any previous issues were both limited, and resolved, so any new sets distributing now should be fine.

Edited By Tim Mackey - Administrator on 18/08/2011 21:19:45

Posted by propogandhi on 18/08/2011 18:52:31:
Oh, I thought it was DSM2 with the DX8 as standard, at least that's what there website says:

opening sentence...

Blimey, you'd think HH UK would update their web pages, wouldn't you? That's old stock!

You'll get one like this. If you look at the pic, the logo to the right of the screen is an 'X', not DSM2.

HH UK may offer very good service but they've got to dot the I's and cross the T's too.....

Pete

ps Timbo, it's V2.03 - you'll start a panic like that !

Posted by Tim Mackey - Administrator on 18/08/2011 19:31:05:
I am busy playing with my newly acquired DX8 right now - having to rebind and setup 25+ models on it is a pain
They are all DSMX or DSM2 switchable - you need to select which you want in each model memory /setup.
Since mine has been upgraded to DSMX, whenever I Bind to a receiver I'm sure it works out whether the receiver is DSM2 or DSMX without me choosing.
With a receiver that is compatible with both, yes I have the choice.