nead help designing first plane

builder bob

Before we can decide on dimensions we need to know what power you are using. If it is electric I can't help. If it is any engine I can.

May I suggest "Designing Model Aircraft" from Traplet Publications (I don't get royalties) as this will save an awful lot of postings here as it covers everything you need to know.

Edited By Peter Miller on 19/08/2011 08:39:36

Base your first design around the dimensions of a model known to fly well, you can change the fuz profile, wing tips and to a certain extent the wing shape but keep the wing and tail areas in proportion and the distance between them the same and you should be OK

Good luck

Perhaps a more fundamental question is "What sort of R/C flying and modelling experience do you have with which to embark on this design?"

It would help folks a lot to respond to your question Bob if you filled in a few details on your personal profile page. Just go to "My Profile" in the tope left box. Just a brief resume of your modelling experience is what would help - we don't need your life story of your mother's maiden name!

BEB