Glitching when motor is powered up help please

Advert

What do you mean you "have had a few repairs"?
Its commonplace for glitching to occur with electric models on 35Mhz, and is the main reason most electric fliers are now on 2.4Ghz.
You could try a ferrite ring or two on the receiver leads, and ensure all leads are as far away from the ESC and motor as possible..... but frankly, as I say, its commonplace on 35Mhz.

Hello Tim.
Thankyou for your quick reply, first two repairs i thought was pilot error the 3rd was without doubt electrical i have the same model with identical electrics and it flies perfect which is why i thought there may be a problem with the components i will try ferrite rings and see if this makes a difference the reciever and esc are positioned in the same place on both models thanks again.
Andrew.

Andrew everything Tim says is correct.

On 35Mhz I did find the Corona's pretty good at rejecting interference so it's worth trying a few things.

Get all things radio as far as possible from battery,wires,ESC and motor.
Easier said than done but everything you can do here will help.

Interference can be radiated from motor, ESC and the fat wires from battery to ESC so these are the main things to keep away from receiver and aerial. Even servo leads can pick up the interference so keep those away from power stuff too.
The ESC servo lead is always an issue, so maybe have that on the opposite side of the fus to the power leads.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Hi all,weather permitting, I will be taking my first flight with an electric model .I will be on 35Mhz, and having taken on board comments of ferrite rings, and wiring distances, and acted upon them, should I fly expecting a glitch, but also re assure  myself the "a glich" is only temprory, as read from forum glossary. Slightly concerned, FB3. Cheers

Edited By fly boy3 on 04/09/2011 14:45:16

My first steps into electric flight were back in the days of brushed "400" motors and NiCds. I used Futaba 35MHz gear on those models and don't recall getting any glitching, though I did take care to route the cables appropriately to reduce the chances of interference.

So I wouldn't say that you should expect glitching on 35MHz - just don't be surprised if you do get it!

Edited By John Privett on 04/09/2011 15:44:01

I still fly on 35, with electrics, as many do within our club. As well as 2.4.

I cannot say I have seen or experienced any glitching, other when there has been an issue.

I do fly an indoor model, as an outdoor, when the wind is very light or preferably still. I sometimes get glitch type behavior whilst flying, I think due to the plate wing, going from inefficient to totally inefficient, the big control surfaces, particularly the elevator. Could this be what FB3 is experiencing.

I switched to 2.4, solely for reason that it is probably the future for the next few years (until another frequency can be found, that is at least theoretically better).

Just a thought, FB£3 is not on 27 are you, as I have had issues with this in the past, from being swamped by some twit insisting on adjacent split frequency, to the more mundane, swamping by an closer Tx and of course industrial and hospital (whilst open) possible interference.

Apart from one mini Jeti 35 Rx and also a couple of EDF applications where the aerial ran by then ESC and motor. Repositioning the aerial on the EDFs worked and on prop models where I could run the aerial away from the electrics I didn't have any problems.

If you are looking for a cheap 2.4 upgrade for electrics (no trailing aerials on small models) then I've found the FrSky stuff from Giantcod, T9 and others works really well.