futaba 6-ex 2.4

Tony Bennett

my misses has brought one home that she bought at an auction today
in box with battery pack, charger and manual. ( i wont say how much it cost)
i have charged up the battery pack and turned it on, the program side seems to work ok.

now the big question.
do i buy a rx for it and see if it works
or do i stick with my futaba 6-ex 35mhz set up.

if i did swap i would have to buy 3 more rx's to retro fit into the planes i have.

she also picked up a planet t5 2.4 gh system as well, this one has a rx.

Advert

I would have thought if it has the non unique code, it can be changed by Ripmax. If Ripmax cannot change the code, it is probably now unique.

With respect to the Rx receivers, £20 per receiver does not sound like a bank breaker.

I suspect many others I have a 6ex on 35 and a second on 2.4. I use both, as they only have 6 memories, that is only 12 models.I have been considering a FF7? Just for the momories and additional programming options.

As with respect to performance, I do read that 2.4 is more secure as a system, yet I have no real issues with 35.

By the way i have bought 4 Futaba Rx's and have 3 Frsky Rx's. Both seem as good as each other. The price is the difference having payed up to £70 and a min of £60. The Frsky seems incredible value in comparison.

Posted by Erfolg on 07/09/2011 14:49:29:

I suspect many others I have a 6ex on 35 and a second on 2.4. I use both, as they only have 6 memories, that is only 12 models.I have been considering a FF7? Just for the momories and additional programming options.

I know the feeling i have a DX6i with 10 model memories and a 35 mhz Cockpit Sx with 12 and that's not enough anymore

I know it is not quite on topic, yet is relevant to the 6ex and many other sets. The lack of modelling memories cannot be one of cost. In this era where memory is incredibly cheap, we are not in the 70's, it is 2011.

Further to the on-board the Tx memory issue, it would cost pence to use a port for a memory stick function. That is as long as general PC formats were to be used.

It is very annoying.

I suspect that Spektrum appear to have become a major player, is that they have not been determined to wring out every single shekel from our purses. To my mind you can argue to your hearts content if Fasst is better than other systems. The fact is the other systems are no less secure from a users point of view.

So if I had a £8 6ex 2.4 Tx, I would use it, although I accept it is atypical for 2.4 from a users point of view.

If it hasn't already been exchanged under the scheme, then Ripmax SHOULD replace it FOC. The point is, CHECK!!!!

Model Memories enough?? Hey, I have 4x35MHz 6EX (6 each), 1xJR665 (6), 2x2.4GHz 6EX (6 each), 1xDX6i (10) and a 10CG with CAMPAC (48!!), and only have ten model memories left................