TJ's Hobbies

Advert

Hi Rich,

Welcome to the forum! TJ doesn't seem to be a regular poster here so unless he has this thread bookmarked and gets email notifications, there's a good chance he may not pick up your questions.

I'd say you've got more chance of a reply by contacting him through the website contact page.....thumbs up

Good luck!

Pete

• 2 years later...
Posted by MattyB on 26/12/2016 19:50:26:
Posted by jonryan on 26/12/2016 18:13:03:

Anyone know if this firm are still going?

Let's see... sarcastic

Gosh! Google it, eh? What a brilliant suggestion. If only I'd thought of doing tha...hang on, I did, didn't I?

Now, what did I find:

I found that the first entry on the site said that they would close for a week in August. That there was no 'Happy Christmas' message, nor mention of Christmas trading dates. That the eponymous TJ is a member on here, but has not posted for over a year. That despite the excellent prices listed, very few people have mentioned TJ's as a place to shop.

See why I'm wondering if they're still trading, hmm?

Posted by Allan Bowker on 26/12/2016 20:11:16:

Not sure Jonryan, however it's a good sign that the website is still operating.

Have you tried the phone number listed at the top of the website?
It's a mobile number in the yellow coloured header/banner.

Yeah, I was planning to give them a call in the morning, thanks Allan. The prices and range look great. So good I'd've thought others would have found them, but very few mentions, hence my question.

I certainly hope TJ continues , one of the nicest people you could ever wish to deal with .

I recall that He started out supplying fellow Flyers and Clubmates with modelling items on a none profit basis , purely as a favour to His Buddies.

And the business took off from there ( no pun intended) .

Never likely to threaten the big boys , He ambles quietly along earning a very small piece of the modelling pie. offending nobody. with an open honesty that puts the likes of rip off max to shame. ( My Opinion)

The hardest bullett to bite ,is often the loss of such character's , when their modelling business has been forced to close .

The fact that you originate from " Southern Softie" upbringings have been overlooked , for now .

A facelift may be in order though - the person not the website . wink

Carry on TJ , if yer can . old luv.

Edited By Peter Android on 30/12/2016 21:50:21