ESC troubles

Advert

Ask users of the Melody type speed controllers are they happy with them. I guess, generally yes. I use melody type supplied by, Robotbirds, BRC, Giant Cod (Keda).

Am I happy with my Kontronics controller, not as happy as with my budget. For all its great cost, it does not have a LIpo option.

Am I happy with my Tornado controllers, not very. One only allows a single flight (so called "plug and play") the other would not drive my Inrunner Tornado motor. Although my budget did and still does.

As for motors, I have some very good budget, HET, Tornado, ESky and a Keda. They all work well enough for me.

I have a Kontronics, it is OK, but is really special? Certainly not worth the price.

I have seen a AXI and one or two other high end motors burn out, they are not immune from abuse.

As for your noise, something is almost certainly wrong. I do not have the experience to even hazard a guess.

Regards

Erfolg 

When my 40amp Tornado controller was unable to start my Tornado 3618/1200 motor, it just sat there. Thankfully there was no smoke or anything.

Surely there must have been a fault somewhere?

I have seen motors which have stalled (due to the propeller being in contact with the ground give of smoke. It was an expensive controller, as the owner had said to me previosly, "I could not trust those cheap controllers you are using".

Thankfully when I have stalled a motor (setting up in the house) the rotor just oscillates, to and frow (however spelt). I had feared that +200w would do serious injury, does not seem to, if power is applied to a motor unable to get up to speed.

I suppose this is as to be expected as W=2Pi,NT, if there are no revs, the whole set up tends to 0.

What do others think?

Erfolg 

• 8 months later...
Hello out there I to have had esc smoking  problem -I connected every thing up correctly & low &nbehold the ESC started to smoke -quickly disconecting the battery I tried to find the problem to no avail so I borrowed another one out of a model- hey presto it worked fine so I sent the offending ESC back to the shop I bought it from & received a replacement which worked fine so it shows that there can be duff units sold even if they say its been tested.