Anyone know what happened to Kamco?

• 4 months later...
Posted by Mtek on 13/10/2011 22:16:32:
Thanks Andy
That address is a PO box from 5 years ago - long gone I'm afraid...
Someone must know what happened, or who owns the copyright now...
B
Hi Ben, I know what happened and I also now hold the copyright.
Kamco was owned by my father and due to a number of reasons had been in limbo for the last few years.
Sadly he passed away last year and it passed to me. I have taken this long to get round to doing anything with it.
I am currently going through everything to see what can be used and what needs doing as I plan to relaunch it.
I know I'm replying to an old thread, did you ever get hold of a kloudrider plan?

of course I will Andrew, There's a lot to go through before we can start getting kits out again, but we might be able to get some of the old plans out fairly soon.

It seemed such a shame to leave it laying there doing nothing, it was so much part of our lives when we were kids (holidays revolved around the shows!!!)

I for one would like to see Kamco resurrected. I still fly a Kloudrider which I've had for many years and would like to get hold of a plan as I got the model second hand. My favourite trainer model was the Kadett and I still have the plan for that somewhare as well as a plan for what I think was a Kavalier low wing model which I haven't yet got round to building. Must do it before I kick the bucket.

Malcolm

Edited By Malcolm Fisher on 19/02/2012 20:50:22

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck with the venture. Learned to fly back in 1975 on the Kadet in the UK and when we emigrated to South Africa we imported the Kossack Bipe, great plane with a .40 up front and the standard 10 x 6 prop. Still have the plan for that back home in SA, now reside in Dubai and would welcome the chance of flying the Kossack again.

Thank you smiley

I'm planning to bring back the kadet, Kavalier, Kloudrider and Kossack (I think that'll be more than enough to start with). Still lots to do, a lot of the old dyelines havn't aged well so I want to drag it all into the 21st century and get them put onto disc.

I also want to replace the old die-cuts with laser cut parts, so I've got lots of people to talk to yet.

Keep an eye on my website for updates...probably on here too.

BTW...I learnt to fly on a Kadet too!!

Posted by Peter Miller on 10/03/2012 08:38:16:

You might be able to get your Kamco plans

Here

Yes, thanks for that Peter, I have seen that site before, he has the old Kadet and Kavalier plans on his files, He is one of the people on my list for getting them put onto disc for me. I have to contact him anyway to let him know we're back.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Kamco Kid

Have a soft spot for the Kadet, learnt to fly with it in the 70's, upgraded to the aileron wing and even did rolling circuits with it. Fantastic trainer, and a good design for someone attempting a first build too. Still have the plan that came with it .Sold it off unscathed to go into the crescent bullet.

Hmmmm, could be time to revisit.

All the best with the venture, Great to see Kamco back.

Graham

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

just a little update for those of you who expressed an interest.

At the moment, all we've got round to is listing a few 30 year old plans on a popular auction site and scanned a couple of old build instruction booklets and turned them into free PDF downloads on the website.

Now that we've had time to dig into everything we had in storage, we've discovered that we have no template drawings of the original die cut parts so we've got to re-do them all.

Did anyone who built a Kamco kit trace their die cuts before building by any chance? If so please get in touch.

I'll be back with better news soon I hope.