Some photos

BB

Advert

Thanks . After flying for the last three years with much enjoyment. 6 weeks ago I collaspsed at work and was taken to hospital. A Kidney stone was diagnosed. A week later I went to bed, in the morning I woke, and was blind.

Some sight returned during the next couple of days. Appointments to Doctors & Opticians followed. I was finally diagnosed with 'sudden onset Diabetes type 2'. Anyone who knows Diabetes knows the 'numbers game', i.e. between 4 - 7. Mine was plus 45.

Now on x4 mets/p/day numbers are down to 14 - 20. and a loss of weight to the tune of 4.5 stone in 5 weeks.

I took up photography during the last couple of years. Mainly because of this great hobby. Because of my recent health foibles, I thought I'd post some newly taken photos. I have just started flying again. So am a very happy bunny.

Please excuse what may be an indulgence on my part. One never knows what is round the corner etc....

This is Not a sob story.

And I will post more pics.

BB

I plan on going back to work Monday 24 Oct.

Edited By Basildon Biggles on 20/10/2011 20:12:14

Great to hear you're on the mend, BB. It must have been a very worrying time, particularly losing your sight overnight

It just shows you never know what's just around the corner for any of us - but stories like yours are very encouraging. Good on yer - and nice pics, too!

Pete

I second that one Pete. Ones health is something money cannot buy. The shots are great. I have always been interested in photography, but could only aspire to a "point and shoot "job. I can assure others, that a lot of work has gone into these shots, and BB should be proud of himself. Cheers. ps best of luck for the 24th.