New Club

duane wallace

Hi folk

Does anyone know of any clubs or areas in the bucks area that are looking for members ,

I need a field that you can park as close as possible to the pits due to having a condition that affects my legs when i walk a great distance . i am situated between buckingham and aylesbury.

any help anyone can give would be appriciated as am getting withdrawal symptoms for not flying.

duane

Advert

thanks chaps i havr already tried their website but with no luck.

Would love to go back to my old club as i trained there and the guys are great but i know the farmer is very fussy and wouldn't like someone driving in the field .

There is a bunch who fly over near my folks just outside bletchley but lately when i gone past they not been there.

Posted by duane wallace on 26/10/2011 13:32:15:

Would love to go back to my old club as i trained there and the guys are great but i know the farmer is very fussy and wouldn't like someone driving in the field .

Have you tried speaking to the farmer and explaining your situation - you could approach him as a non-member of the club so not putting any pressure on him but you might be pleasantly surprised.

I'd imagine that we're a bit too far from you - out towards Hitchin - but our site would be ideal as we park close to our main pits due to site limitations. We have a decent safety fence to accomodate this.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Duane, Have a look at Weston on the Green MFC, its just up the A34 from Bicester, so not too far from you (?). It has a great little patch, you can unload in the pits and the parking area is really close. The only problem is if the field gets too soggy the track to it gets closed and you then have a short trek, but thats fairly common I think.

I,m not a member anymore as I've moved, but they are a good bunch of lads.

Dave

• 4 months later...

stephen you are spot on . have been in touch with my old club ( mid jan) and the chaps are only to happy to help, i have since walked the distance from carpark to pits and back with hardly any problems . Am planning my first venture out next sunday for 4 and half years weather permitting . must say i am extremley nervous .

Thanks for advice everyone .

Duane