Common Market or not?

Terence Lynock

Posted by FunnyFlyer on 27/10/2011 17:45:56:
I lied... I couldn't let this one go.

"In it's present state some would argue that it increases the chance of conflict.
In several areas of this country 'Balkanisation' is slowly happening, the same thing is happening in France, Germany and several other EU countries.
It wouldn't take much for things to kick off.
To think that being a member of the EU "ensures that these horrors are consigned to history" is naive in the extreme."

In my opinion - this is right wing hyberbole. Where in the UK or France has there been genocide? I don't recall reading about any Blitzkreigs in the last 60 years or so.

Well, you should have let it go.
Your obviously don't understand the meaning of the word 'Balkanisation' and failed to grasp that my post was about future, possible, events.

Edited By Devon Flyer on 27/10/2011 19:38:46

Advert

me again...back to the title'common market'......years ago when i used to smoke....i could never understand how we had to pay the earth for fag's and wine etc....... when you could jump on the ferry and buy the same stuff for greatly reduced prices..... bearing in mind we were all in the common market... unfair or what?...

ken anderson ne..1 ex smoking dept.

I, too, have long been convinced that the Eurozone will break up in an acrimonious manner, probably now within perhaps less than two years. Way back, before the euro became universal, I was reading a financial guru and he predicted quite accurately what was going to happen, the only real surprise is the time scale, I don’t think anyone thought it would happen quite so quickly! I don’t know what will happen when this takes place, and it’s possible that no one else does either, but I guess that in the short term anyway it will be something of an anxious time; also it might happen over a short time scale. Once an avalanche starts to roll there is not very much that can stop it gathering speed.

Should we have joined in the first instance? The view was a lot different back then, so it’s extremely difficult to say, but with the hindsight of now being able to see the difference in what the conditions actually were and what the population in general was told they were I think it’s clear that the politicians of the time were no different from those at any other time. Had the situation been stated more precisely perhaps we might not have joined anyway. The war figured much larger in many people’s memories then and in my own case I remember thinking that this was the all important thing. Now it’s not nearly so decisive, memory fades very quickly anyway, the mere 21 years separating the Great War and World War II seems to prove that!

So I think I would have to consider that there is all going to be the inevitable ending, the situation in Europe is a financial one, and the politicians there are trying to fix it. Can that really work, I ask myself? I think it’s all going to need a bit more than just talk…

PB

I have an idea that the Europolitician crowd knew what action may be needed in the event of a recession, also what to do in the case of a Euro funding problem, but now when they come together they have lost the plot, they canr find a big enough cork for the bottle.
They are telling banks that are owed money by Greece to write off half the debts, so what will the bank investors think of that one? how long before we have another banking meltdown in simular vien to the one a couple of years ago?

Seperately, what happened back in 1942 and the previous ruling party in Germany, that is history and wont help us in 2011 so leave it be. The world is a totally different place now with its own problems undreamed of 65 years ago.

Edited By Terence Lynock on 27/10/2011 23:57:00

Posted by Terence Lynock on 27/10/2011 23:53:43:
Seperately, what happened back in 1942 and the previous ruling party in Germany, that is history and wont help us in 2011 so leave it be. The world is a totally different place now with its own problems undreamed of 65 years ago.

Some wise man once said , " If we don't learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it".

We may have more technology and a greater understanding of the world, but humans are basically the same now as they were 100 years ago. They are just as devious, self serving and conniving as they ever were.

I wouldn't trust most of those clever monkeys any more than I could throw them, especially the politicians.

Posted by Terence Lynock on 27/10/2011 23:53:43:

Edited By Terence Lynock on 27/10/2011 23:57:00

an extract from the book i linked to from the first few pages about how the EEC should be put across -

{ Firstly, it is limited in regard to its own economic development by the recognition that the utilisation of individual resources represents not only a requirement of the new economic precept, but is the very foundation for economic activity. The European economic community has no interest in leaving any abilities or possibilities unutilised.
Secondly, it contains the obligation that, because of Europe’s freedom, consideration is given firstly to continental Europe regarding any matter related to economic activity. Not only should the shared fate of the European people be emphasized, but the fact should also be stressed that the supplementation of the European economies beyond their borders is possible and sought after.
Thirdly, it must be maintained that, above all else, the spirit of the individual economies may not be allowed to go against the spirit of neighbourly co-operation.}

from the second paragraph, where do all the decisions for europe get made, Brussels, Germany and France as has been said we follow everything that comes from Brussels, everybody else ( in continental Europe ) picks and chooses, we`re always hearing that if europe fails, we all go down with it, or we "share its fate" and are we not "supplimenting other member states economies such as Greece, Ireland, Italy etc,
From the 3rd paragraph, David Cameron himself said the other day likening the economies to your neighbours house being on fire, "if your neighbours house is on fire, you should help them put out the flames before the fire spread to your own house"

co-incidence ???

I agree that we should not forget past history and the eventual outcomes and we should take note but to dwell on past history and then let it influence todays problems is just going back to repeat the mistake anyway.
The reason for raising this string was to discuss todays problem, how it could be solved and who picks up the tab and should they have need to if none of this problem may not have been any of their doing in the first place.
Should the Uk pick up part of the tab seeing as we stayed out of the Euro? if the dollar or the yen or the rouble got into difficulty would we be obliged to help out? I think not and so should it be with the Euro, it isnt our currency.

The EU recently banned small children from blowing up balloons -- serious stuff. William Hague, of our alleged government, had said "I want to be in Europe, but not run by it." He meekly accepted the latest ruling.

A total Euro-atheist I hear from my Strasbourg mole that further unsought legislation is on the way. Our corrupt masters have decided for 'elf and safety reasons, that all li-poly batteries must be individually encased in lead measuring 3.56mm in thickness.

This is because of inflation risks...............

Remember - next time vote Salvation Army.

Posted by Terence Lynock on 28/10/2011 12:05:20:
I agree that we should not forget past history and the eventual outcomes and we should take note but to dwell on past history and then let it influence todays problems is just going back to repeat the mistake anyway.

The absolute reverse surely ?
History's influence on today's problems is to learn any lessons & avoid repeating mistakes.

We should learn from the past!
It seems the American Civil War was caused not by slavery but by the southern states wanting to wanting to withdraw from the union ( over the slavery question of course )

Surely the present economic problem is due to so much European wealth being channeled into tax havens. Do away with tax havens and make all EC passport holders pay their tax!

EU has now asked China for help with the bail out .. I do think the EU's problems is that Imports far outstrip Exports and where does the money come from? America has been doing this for years and now facing problems with it's huge deficit and my feeling is that up to now China has been buying US bonds, what will happen if China wants to cash them? I am guilty in buying some goods from China as it's cheaper.. But at what cost? I think this is the main problem. I also agree we are far too far in with the EU

I was always under the impression that the EU was formed to avoid paying high prices globally and to buy 'home made' i.e common market country manufactured goods, it appears to have taken a big about turn along the way because EU manufactured goods are the most costly.
I very often see goods manufactured in China for sale in local model shops at three times the price I can buy direct for, a powered glider comparable to the Easyglider pro at half its price, the Chinese manufacturing monster roles on and european manufacturers cant hope to compete when you have workers in the EU being paid 10 times more than their Chinese equivelent.