Ebay sellers...

Advert

Posted by Shaunie on 20/08/2013 20:00:37:
Posted by savedbytheground on 20/08/2013 19:28:18:

Maybe not all of us have the pleasure of English as a first language or not affected by Dyslexia.... I shall be bidding on this one.

My thoughts exactly. However if this is the case the seller really ought to seek some assistance if only to maximise the bidding. Or the seller could just be too lazy or bone idle to spell check of course cool.

C'mon, the spell check can only so so much!!! If I type "eyem silling ma plines onn ebay, ei wint to crear siome spice", what would the spell check make of that?

It comes out with: Gibberish. QED.

Edited By Paul Marsh on 21/08/2013 16:20:36

Posted by Paul Marsh on 22/08/2013 11:02:17:

...I'm not on the M8! I know what you mean, people use Mobile phone speak, so "Mate" is m8 and "you" goes as "u", and so on. Trying to decypher such a sentance takes a bit of cpu run time: brain power!

I was joking!It IS gibberish half the time, a mixture of text-speak and mis-spelling!

It's the text and Chav speak that gets me most. To be honest if people can't be bothered to type properly, read it back through and then spell check it, then quite frankly I can't be bothered to read it.

I know a lot of punctuation is slightly fluid but to not even try to stick to the basics annoys me.

Shaunie.

Posted by Brett Jones on 26/08/2013 20:35:15:
also from same seller 8 foot wing designed for 200mph?**LINK**

200mph wing? Looks to me like somebody is missing a large chunk out of their dining-room table!

and shaunie i totlally agre abut the spolling und grammar cos sometimes it really is hard wrk tring to wurk out wot they are on about innit and u loose the will to live sumtimes first person to see will by it and why do they use sucj huge font sizes and silly colours i dont no

Actually, going back to the three-winged biplane, I often find it amusing to see what other items a seller has for sale. In this case an old 35mm SLR camera body, several second-hand angle grinders and a Jaguar brake pedal and slave cylinder. You can't help wondering what happened to the rest of the Jaguar!

Blandford in sunny Dorset. There's a Royal Signals Regiment base just outside the town, also Bovington with Tank Regiment and Tank Museum. Maybe to do with Tank Regiment and the Lulworth or Salisbury Plains firing ranges.

Tony. Motor looks like an OS 160 twin. £770 at Steve Webb models!

Ian

Edited By Rentman on 26/08/2013 23:30:10

Posted by David Tweddle on 29/08/2013 22:35:02:
Posted by Peter Miller on 20/08/2013 18:43:52:

Please can some expert in gibberish interpret this for me? I believe that there is a suet pudding in there somewherecrook

Gibberish

I believe the suet pudding must be for the teddy bear's picnic...

David

I think the Manx cat probably ate it - no tale wink

**LINK**

Here's a good one. Nothing wrong with it, but started about 4 weeks ago at £50.00, 2 weeks ago at £40,00 and now at £30.00. Another few weeks and he'll be giving it away !

It says foam wing, but I thought these had a styrene "blown" type wing. It's probably me that's got it wrong,  again !

I know there was a thread about these not long ago, so it should sell. At the right price.

kevinb.

Edited By kevin b on 31/08/2013 15:24:39

Edited By kevin b on 31/08/2013 15:25:01

Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 31/08/2013 15:33:03:

I suppose the NiCad pack here would be worth the 50p (if you don't mind the rest of the stuff coming with it)laugh

I bought one of these as a first plane returning to rc model flying.It cost about £70 new, about 10 years ago.It wouldn't fly,far too heavy, underpowered and non-proportional controls.I was had.

Posted by Down Under on 30/08/2013 11:14:18:
Posted by David Tweddle on 29/08/2013 23:01:03:

Well he has relisted it so...

Why did it not sell.

Shame. Would have been a lovely little plane it its time.

But for its price, 75pounds, I'm sure half the nuts on e-bay are smoking crack!

Pointless relating its history without paperwork to prove its provenance.But even its history is of no importance to anyone outside the family.