Who has used the Corona Fasst, Frsky, orange Rx's?

Erfolg

Seamus Thanks for the input
My trannies ,the T6EX;s have channel 5 for "Gear"& channel 6 for "Flaps "in fixed wing aeroplane mode -both on switches -so it's probably best to try channel 7 on the Rx for the battery connection (is it not ?) being as I only have 6 channels anyway that work the controls?
Judging by what I've learnt then using a Y lead I can use channel 5 if that's what you recommend ,or was it just convenient in your case ?

Myron, every rx I've ever had simply has the power supply tracks on the circuit board connected to every socket. So the battery can be plugged into any socket. Indeed, electric flyers using an ESC with built-in BEC are powering the rx and servos via the throttle channel connection.

The servo sockets have a signal connection for the third pin. If the A rx has a "Batt" socket then that one just doesn't have anything connected to the signal pin.

For economy/space reasons some rxs don't have a dedicated battery socket, so one of the servo sockets has to be used. Often the highest channel number is labelled something like "7/Batt", but in reality any channel can be used. If all channels have servos plugged in then a Y-lead is needed on one of them.

On my Speedo I didn't bother installing a battery switch - I switch the rc on/off by plugging/unplugging the battery. It's fairly random which of the available channel sockets I use on any occasion!

Myron, looking on the FrSky website, all the info I can find there about the TFR6 says that it's a 7-channel receiver.

The only odd thing to me is its name. Why didn't they call it a TFR7? The TFR4 and TFR8 have 4 and 8 channels respectively, so why does the TFR6 have 7?

Edited By John Privett on 22/01/2012 17:42:01

Myron, channel 7 can be whatever you want it to be really....flaps, lights, bomb drop.....the 10C allows you to allocate channels to whatever switch knob or slider you see fit!!!

If you have 7 servos then you simply plug a Y lead into any of the Rx channels & plug the battery into one side of the Y lead & the corresponding servo into the other socket...as others have mentioned both the positive & negative pins on the Rx are commoned (bussed is the correct term) so you can feed the battery positive & negative into any channel.

@John Privett....it is indeed a mystery why they call it the TFR6.....many people believe it to be a 6 channel unit......

I needed a cheaper option to convert to 2.4GH so converted my FF9 super with Frsky. Never looked back, I have 6 models with both telemetry and standard Rx fitted. I used 35Mhz corona for a while but found that the smaller 4 Ch were prone to interference in EDF models. Saying that, the hard case 8 Ch Rx still work well. The Telemetry Rx's work very well for my electric models, with live voltage read out , backed up with the standard alarms.
I'm very pleased with the Frsky set up.