Who has used the Corona Fasst, Frsky, orange Rx's?

Erfolg

I see how that works - this is quite clever. I especially like that the 2 rx's can be seperate so on a large model you could position one near the wings for ailerons/mulitengines/flaps, another in the tail for elevator and rudder etc.

Less wiring all over the place.

Erf forgive me for going off track.....
Guys since December HK have been giving away free stuff if you spent $100 on a first come first served basis.
It's a bit random but as you fill your cart a pop up can happen
(guys usually pass around a heads up on the forum) and if you add this product to your cart after it hits $100 you get for free only paying postage.
So far I got
10 14g metal gear servos
Solo pro Heli PNP
70mm Sportjet PNP

I have received the message with respect to the free items, from time to time.

In my case I have not taken up the offer on the basis I would exceed the £15 discretionary allowance by HM Government. I do not want as an individual to provide the grounds for ever tighter regulation/charges by abusing the concession.

Seamus

It is not just the Vat, in fact i think I could say that the VAT is the trivial component of the import charges.

It is the handling charges which are meant and do dissuade any personal import.

I am a modeller that just buys small quantities of low value items. I would have to increase my purchase values into the hundreds to make the handling charge be the lowest component and trivial.

Posted by Erfolg on 17/01/2012 18:25:26:
Seamus

It is not just the Vat, in fact i think I could say that the VAT is the trivial component of the import charges.

It is the handling charges which are meant and do dissuade any personal import.

I am a modeller that just buys small quantities of low value items. I would have to increase my purchase values into the hundreds to make the handling charge be the lowest component and trivial.
What handling charge do they stick you with,
The max here is £4.

The situation is not straight forward as I understand it,

The post office charges I understand £8, again I understand that is based on a max package value. In the case of other handlers the situation is more complex as I understand it, there is a charge based on value, plus additional handling charges.

From the importers point of view, the Vat charged is not the cost to the importer for the items, the postage/handling charges, plus the import charges (Post Office) are added to the purchase cost and a new value of Vat is added.

All the above is assuming there is no import duties to be paid in addition, when again the Vat is calculated on the whole of the intermediate costs.

I once imported a kit from the USA, HM Government charged more than the kit price.

I once mentioned it to a customs official I knew at the time, he said the cost are high to dissuade personal imports. I doubt if opinions have changed, particularly now the financial crisis is blamed on anything but the government spending to much. I personally prefer to do nothing than fall foul of the tax system.

Well,due to/thanks to your advice ,I have had to order two FrSky TFR6 Rxs from GC .I found that the same thing is available from"Miracle Mart" -26 US dollars BUT China is on holiday and there is a postal charge .I'll stick to Robs emporium ! The first class postage time says two to three days but I bet they arrive tomorrow as usual .Don't know how he does it !

I cannot fault your logic. Whatever the knockers say, good quaility goods, at affordable prices.

Out of interest, I think I have the same thing in a Guillows Thunderbolt, which awaits field use.

In the house and range check seem fine. Above all it is easy to bind, no third hand required, as is ideal for electric fliers. But you being a petrol head, a destroyer of the planet, one who shatters the tranquility of nature, it would not be an issue.

Erfolg
I find your comments somewhat ambiguous
#1 The "tranquility of nature " around here at the moment is being upset by a dog fox that attacks our real "free range" chickens everyday, even in daylight .Last weekend the hunt in the village wasn;t alowed to find and destroy so now we have a chap with a gun trying to track it down (that's legal )
#2 I'm a glow and diesel head !
#3 I havn't managed to destroy the planet yet and don't use anything other than carbon friendly sources of heat etc .Am currently working on a hydro electric scheme for our rivers actually .
Get out of that !
All the best Myron

Post some pictures of your rural idyl. So that we can all beat ourselves up in envy.

I hope this hydro project is fully supported by a "impact Study", "safety study" which addresses the implication of increased risks from higher up stream water levels, the rip discharge from your 1000 megawatt discharge. How could you, all that sushi coming through the turbine, the resulting pollution. I am shocked.

Erfolg
The water flow to be utilised comes from one of many underground springs .the flow of which is being evaluated at the moment . They are amongst others the source of the rivers
Oh !And yes,it's the source of all the water we use for free and tastes beautiful . Locals come with their bottles to take it home . I also anticipate selling it but the law stippulates that it has to be bottled "on site" . The infrastructure -an 8000 gallon stainless holding tank meeting the planning regs is already installed as are see throughable filters on the hillside although nothing has ever got into them so far . To get a better idea ,google Langdale End N Yorks YO13 and go SE a couple of hundred yards to see the farm .After the church on the LHS of the road before the river Derwent .
Can't post pictures but could put some on my album if you're interested
Myron - off thread green dept.

Timbo
I was wondering when you'd catch up with the "off topic"
At least you can look at pictures nothing like your Big Rock
Getting really off topic but I have a sudden desire to make /buy a foamie powered glider to use in the terrain you can see on google which is too muddy ! Suggestions please ? ("start a new thread I hear you say")
I'll prove that I can appreciate models other than wooden ones ,and what better way than to give it a go .

Well my Frsky Rxs arrived this morning (thank you again GC!) less than 24 hrs since I ordered them . Can someone confirm that channel 7 is the battery connection .They are TFR6's to be used with a normal Rx 4 cell battery with ic applications .No BEC thingy .
Thanks in anticipation.
Myron

Edited By Myron Beaumont on 21/01/2012 18:01:51

Myron

My understanding is that you can use any channel for power. Even if you want to use it for another servo, via a "Y" lead.

I think you will find it very easy to bind. Just pressing the small button, until it goes solid green, then releasing.

Especially if you compare it with the 8, which require the button holding down, before putting on power, then holding, until the solid green. Using Lipo power for electric, need 3 hands. I know we have discussed you being a Petrol Head, oh, no, a ether sniffer, so not the same issue.

Edited By Erfolg on 21/01/2012 18:07:46