Musical backing tracks

Yeh I think it was used in that and in Narnia.... I Love the series Merlin it is rather good.. I got to see the set in France before it came on TV.. Rather nice set..

Advert

All interesting stuff guys...thanks for the contributions.....

The videos I "produce" such as they are, are mainly for home consumption....I'm pretty unlikely to post much up on YouTube but I thought it an interesting point.... I didn't see how you could simply record a track from a CD & add it to your video with someone getting upset & yet you do see the odd video with a commercial tune attached so I wondered....

Life was a lot simpler when I used to record Ed Stewpots Top 20 from my Dads Radiogram with a hand held microphone plugged into my cassette recorder.....

Posted by Tom T on 27/11/2011 09:52:39:
I would say this is a great song for building suspense :D............Heart of Courage
It gets better as it goes through

Great track Tom.......mind you my flying can produce enough "tension" as it is.....usually amongst the worried spectators......

Posted by Steve Hargreaves on 28/11/2011 09:54:43:

Life was a lot simpler when I used to record Ed Stewpots Top 20 from my Dads Radiogram with a hand held microphone plugged into my cassette recorder.....

Ahhh.. Those were the days... Telling everyone to shut-up cuz you were recording.. And as you looked up to scoul at them, you'd rub the mic up the speaker cloth and un-knowingly, record an earthquake.. !!
The thought of listening to those Mono Radio-shack recordings now tho, what with HD this n that, makes me cringe..

Luv
Chrisie.. xx

Edited By Cyclicscooby on 28/11/2011 16:30:26

Edited By Cyclicscooby on 28/11/2011 16:32:06

Posted by Steve Hargreaves on 28/11/2011 11:37:03:

Great track Tom.......mind you my flying can produce enough "tension" as it is.....usually amongst the worried spectators......

I'm sure you are a fantastic flyer Steve. .. Far better than what i'll ever be...

• 2 months later...
i dont know if its true but,,

if you put a video clip of your flying and then add a known artist/song,as long as you say who the song is by and what its called then thats ok as your advertising the artist and not using as your own material ???

just something i heard

ricky

Well Ricky, you can try it if you like, but I seriously doubt you'd get away with it!

However, attitudes seem to vary with different copyright holders, and with time too.

As mentioned in an earlier post, one of my videos (shot at the Blackbushe Model Show) has the Top Gun music playing over the PA system at the show. After being online for a while Sony found it and the video was blocked in Germany. I've just looked again and see that it's now no longer blocked anywhere, but that "In some cases ads may appear next to your video."

Another of my videos- not a model flying one - has a rather more blatant music backing and it seems both Sony and EMI have found it and blocked it in Australia, Belgium and Luxembourg.

I'd rather youtube videos didn't have music tracks. I usually surf whilst listening to my own music, yet when I watch a video on youtube I either have to turn the video sound off (and miss anyone talking / engine note etc) or put up with someone else's taste in music!

Posted by ricky76 on 30/01/2012 21:01:09:
i dont know if its true but,,

if you put a video clip of your flying and then add a known artist/song,as long as you say who the song is by and what its called then thats ok as your advertising the artist and not using as your own material ???

just something i heard

ricky

Not true.

I credited a track on a recent video and it is still there, with an official 'Buy it on i-Tunes' box in the bottom right corner. I didn't do anything other than the usual upload and haven't had any contact from Youtube.

Having said that, this is an unlisted video, ie, it can only be accessed by my link here.

I wonder if that makes a difference?

Pete

Posted by John Privett on 30/01/2012 21:29:32:
As mentioned in an earlier post, one of my videos (shot at the Blackbushe Model Show) has the Top Gun music playing over the PA system at the show. After being online for a while Sony found it and the video was blocked in Germany. I've just looked again and see that it's now no longer blocked anywhere, but that "In some cases ads may appear next to your video."

So if ads appear on your video are the advertisers infringing YOUR copyright as maker of the video......couldn't you persue them for royalties?? 

Edited By Steve Hargreaves on 30/01/2012 22:51:44

• 2 weeks later...
I have my own music on most of my Flying vvids on Youtube. The muppets still contacted me for copywright infringements for me having my own music....................
Dispite many emails to them, they still refuse to believe me but they have yet to remove any of the tracks.