All things SAS wildthing

Advert

Looking at other forum site - namely the jart build - and you mentioned that it is better to use 6v receiver battery back instead of 4.8v on Specky sets.

I've been using the becs on esc for a while now and had no issues with reception or brown outs, how bad is this problem and would a move to a 6v setup make much of a difference to handling - the only thing that I can see is servo torque and speed increases - or am I answering my own question

Thanks for the info on a dive test Timbo - no need for periscopes then

Timbo. Interesting. And what does one ascertain if it plummets vertically into the hill?

Hedge laying eh Matthew. Livin' the dream there! I'll drop you an email to see what's what.  Which brings me on to another question. How much of a hill/wind combo do I need to fly. Obviously I've the Malverns on my doorstep but it can get quite busy and it's a trek up to the top.

We have some more local ones but not sure what I should be looking out for. Google Earth could be my friend. Happy to go to LM but need to get some practice in

Don't be worried Alex - I'll, er, hold your hand ...

I have a secret local westerly slope we can fly off on Sunday if you're worried about taking out three grands worth of mouldie on your first chuck (highly unlikely), which is actually nearer than LM. Very happy to go there if ya fancy it.

Go to XCweather to check the forecast, then apply that to your local knowlegde/OS map/google earth to find a decent slope facing the wind. I've thrown my Thing off all sorts of slopes; big, small, rough, smooth - that's the fun of it really - seeing what lift is about...

Hi All

Came across this article on ar500 brownouts from RC Groups

"Originally Posted by horaceh
AR500 update: I have five of these RXs now. The first three have "reconnect after brownout" times of 4 seconds. The last two have reconnect times of less than one second. Horizon support has offered to replace the first two.
Note to Jim Davey: I guess I was just unlucky with the first two AR500s.

My final update on AR500 brownout reconnect time. I sent the two AR500s
with 4 second reconnect times back to Horizon and they updated the firmware. Now all five of my AR500s work as advertised (reconnect time <1second). There are no stickers on my updated AR500s so I guess there is no way of indentifying AR500s with the latest firmware. "

Makes for interesting reading on the AR500's going to have to test mine
Maybe you need to have yours checked out timbo

Its looking good Alex - remember that if you fly in a group, and they know its a virgin ( which they will 'cos it looks so tidy ) you will be targetted, so try to keep the flying within an area that is easy to access should you "land out"
Good luck, and let us know how it goes 'twill be great fun I promise, - you will love it.

I'm going to learn how to fly it first Timbo, before i go play with the big boys. Not sure Matthew knows yet, but I'm going to ask him to Maiden it!

Chris, don't worry because
a) My wife did all the tricky taping, and she's a dab hand with a craft knife
b) It won't look like that for long. Custom Scuffs and Dents will soon be added.

I've been scoping out some flying sites near me. Can't use the Malverns mainly because the self appointed administrators apparently have a code of conduct where "nobody can have any fun. Ever"

I'm surprised Alex hasn't posted yet - he must be still fiddling about with his clevises! I maidened his WT today - which was a bit tricky as the elevons, even with all the up trim in, were still trimmed down. But we managed, by hanging on the elevator, to make his trip worthwhile. Then he played with my thing...

Check out my other post Matthew... it's there somewhere with a few photos.

For example Matthew's "thing"

I had a great, if frustrating time. Six or Seven wind outs on the clevises to sort it. We managed that without ripping anything off. CofG is spot on. I made a "lloydesque" CofG tester. Kids'll have to do without those two pencils!

Thanks for letting me fly yours. I loved it. Flying slope on my sim now. Need Phoenix to make a WT tho