All things SAS wildthing

Advert

Well the spelling is correct, but technically, monday should have a capital M, and i should be I .
Besides, Chris, on which days should we be expecting a clean sheet ?
The rate switches on the Tx are normally used to set up a model for different responses in aerobatics and so on. I don't tend to use them after the maiden flight of most models, but they can be useful for beginners. For instance, I like high throws on most of my stuff, with LOTS of control surface deflection - softened out around the middle with lots of exponential. However SWMBO woud find things a bit uncontrollable so on "low" rates the expo is set lower, and the throws ( travel adjustment or EPA ) is reduced a lot too.
HTH

RIP Stumpy. Hello Harlequin

Rebuilt after the arrival of the elevon replacements. Thanks a Mill Phil!

Nose if a bit messty. Ran out of enthusiasm and ran into second large glass of Merlot

Wings are straight now. I actually did all the taping myself this time. Underside of wing isn't done and not sure it's going to get done either for a while.

Charging the battery.It's going to get chucked this week sometime!

It weighs 200g less than the old WT. That's A LOT of tape!

Edited By Alex Leigh on 28/04/2009 23:15:47

I GOT MY WILDTHING BACK On Wednesday having re-taped it, it felt horrid. All mushy and ukcy. Rebalanced it with another 10g on the nose, chucked it into a big old wind and it just RAILED. What a model it is. My new Easyglder was getting pushed all over the place, the WT just got on with it and motored.

I must have had the warp in the wing for a while as before the re-tape it had a horridly slow roll rate (esp to the left where the warp was) and used to screw out of loops. Not now, zingity-zingity-rolly-rolly-up'n'over straight as you like.

Oh happy days.

I'd give that a 8 out of 10 on the happy SLOM-O-METER. Only cold hands and work stuff dragged me back from lunchtime sloping.

Back later with the fusion. Well it'd be rude not too.

well brill flying in a force 4 gusting 5, mine also prefers to roll to the right it sorta screws down when i roll to teh left but thats not a prob, i compressed the front of teh fuss in to the back and prob ripped it also , any tips on how to loop a WT? but brill flying went like a bat outa hell

I  my WT  

Well not sure if I would describe it as weak point - but they do break here if given enough abuse. Your best bet would be to get a new fus section from Alan Head.
And yes I did edit your post - there is no point in swearing Chris it doesnt change anything.

When I spoke to Alan he said it's not the perfect design but it would "look funny" if he built it so a tent peg didn't load up that area. Still this is the man who built the "witches hat" fusion, so....

Anyway, as Timbo says new Fuz cheap as chips and when you rebuild it, add multiple layers of CW tape over the wing. I tend to go different angles as well. 

How exactly did you do that? It's quite an impressive result!

well ive had it for a year and crashed in to a varity of things including: post ofice sign, meatle shed, electric lines or phones lines whatever, cliff, tarmac ect. this happen becaause i was flying in a force 5 gusting 6 brillant lift amazing btu teh landing where mostly forced and quite hard the last launch before this happened it went straight in to the ground after inverted flying gone wrong (forgot th controls where reversed) when i launched it looked abit liek concord i thought but thought nothing of it coz it was kinda sunny and i was flying right over my head. anyway i landed it hard coz i hit the side of my slope (i miss judged it ) anyway it ws on the down wind leg so ti was goign kinda fast in a sweeping turn, anyway it broke there btu i tryed just for a laugh to seee if it would fly with the held on by to servo wire and 30mm of epp.......it flew but teh c of g was.......how do i put it ...serverly affected so i flew it in to my garden like that and they realised it was onyl held on with teh two servo wires (don't worry no damage to the electrics) that when i started swering and teh rest u know.

i am plannign on gettign some more tape of both kinds and a new fuss as well the wings are fine and so are teh eltrics so can b thankful for small mercys.

I MISS MY WT

id rather be dumped by a girl then this....it hurts less    

My word. It HAS had a hard life hasn't it. Short of running it over with a truck or denonating it with C4, it's difficult to know quite what else you could have done to shorten its life

Amazingly strong though. Any one of those crashes would have wrecked a balsa model probably. 

EPP - for rubbish pilot's everywhere Works for me.