Anyone know where to get vintage decals, logos, etc?

IanN

Does anyone know a source of downloadable vintage logos - the Mercury, or Keil Kraft logos, or anything like that?

Would be nice to be able to adorn these models with a close representation of any decor or markings that were provided with the original kits

Advert

Hi Ian,

Just back from the dark side of middle England, won't say where that is because some members of the forum may live there . I'm not quite sure where I got them from, but I have the frog, Mercury logo's but not Kielkraft although before Christmas, I found a couple of originals in my old transfer folder along with other true originals.

Tomorrow when I've suitably recovered from the trauma of visiting the dark side, and driving back along the M6 (OOOOoooops that's given the game away) I'll try to scan / copy what I have and post them for every one to use as they please.

Happy new year,

Chris.

Hi all, if you go to my photos and chose the album logos you can see there's keilkraft veron, frog, smae, aps, cox and mercury. I'm assuming you'll be able to download these or at least open the image and save as to your own computer. I haven't tried using these as yet but I understand places like staples do a clear film you can print on.

Lee

Posted by IanN on 02/01/2012 11:08:11:
Chris, hope you made it back to civilisation ok ,

Hi Ian, I know Audi do the Vosrprung Dork Technic thing, but they aint into time travel just yet. So it was traumatic, but we made it . Will try to down load some more logo's later.
What a good idea to pool together all of the vintage logo's.

Cheers,

Chris.

• 1 month later...

The March edition of RCME fell through the letterbox as I was hunting for decent quality lettering for my current project.

On p8 in the SwitchOn column there was a mention of a new concern -Model Markings, operated by Tim Calvert([email protected]).

I contacted Tim for a quote, which was quickly sent with further information relating to the original fullsize aeroplane- much appreciated, and above and beyond the call of duty. Cost is very reasonable

I ordered the lettering two days ago, and the finished order arrived this morning. The material used, and the cutting are first class. Congratulations are due to Tim, and I recommend you give him a try next time you need markings or logos.

By way of digression,can I point out that a flair is a talent for something, and that would apply to Tim, or a well known kit manufacturer. The final part of the approach where you give a touch of back stick to flatten out the descent, is called the flare. I invite all contributors to take this gift and use it, professionals included.

Thanks for the link PatMC. I got some really useful vintage logos off that thread.

The links from there to other sites are worth following as well, particularly the Electric Scale thread, where I found insignia, lettering, stencils and instrument panels. Anyone going to the E. S. thread should be aware that there are 49 pages of useful information, so settle down with a brew and some chocolate digestives. You are in for a long read...... cheeky

Pete

Edited By Peter Ward on 02/03/2012 09:09:32

Edited By Peter Ward on 02/03/2012 09:14:19

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

Having just tried making my own waterslide transfers for the Matador, I can recommend the stuff from here.

Crafty Computer Paper

The type I've used is the clear Ink Jet waterslide transfer paper and it's so easy to use.

Matador 159

The prices are:-

Clear per A4 Sheet CPJ314A £1.59

Clear per 10 Sheets CPJ314B £12.29

White per A4 Sheet CPJ 315 £1.59

White per 10 Sheets CPJ315B £12.29

Crystal clear spray lacquer CEP214 £9.21.

Worth a pop with the vintage logo's I posted earlier and lettering. The lacquer is essential giving the printed paper 2 or 3 Thin coats then allowing time to dry, from then on it's just like using good old fashioned water slide transfers.

Cheers,

Chris.

• 5 months later...