Rowntrees Fruit Gums.

Broken Prop

Advert

bourbons........spit.............

Sainsburys used to do a sort of crinkle crunch biscuit with thick chocolate on one side, delicious dunked (quickly!)

Long gone sadly, but there is a larger Frys expensive lookalike.

The selection of biscuits is far less than it used to be.

I know these are still around.............Garibaldi.........anyone share the taste for them?

other day on tv.... they were digging up bodies that had been in the ground (buried) since the 50's...... to allow the construction work to go ahead...and they looked the same as the day they fell off their perches!..........something to do with the additives/preservers in the food ..... ....

ken anderson ne..1... 50's dept.

Posted by Olly P on 12/01/2012 09:57:54:
bourbons..mmmmmm

like the bloke who go's to see the doctor........say's- " i think i'm a biscuit!"....

the doc replies..."the square one's with the holes in?"

"yes " says the man..........

"your cracker's" say's the doc ....

ken anderson ne..1. biscuit dept....(sorry)

When I take a trip back to the UK, I stock my case up with a/c bits, and anything Cadbury or Bassetts.
Especially jelly babies, packets of them, to bring back to Dubai.

you can gety Cadbury and bassetts out here but they do not taste the same. the chocolate has additives in it to prevent it melting so easily in the heat and turing white.

Darryl

Tom Thumb drops!! Tiny boiled fruit sweets. You could cram a couple of dozen between your gums and your lips before the lesson started, they were completely undetectable and would last through a complete double maths lesson!

Can anyone remember the quarter pound slabs of toffee, think they had a palm tree on the label for some reason. Various flavours, my favourites were the treacle toffee and chocolate and cream, and that brings me on to Fry's cream filled chocolate bars. Can still taste 'em

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be

There speaks a (just) 70 year old.

mmmm... Belgian buns, Custard Creams, Cherry Bakewells... all good things that are regularly sneaked out of kitchen

well i think the green ones taste of washing up liquid sad thing is love the green ones heem thinking about it i like all green sweets
wine gums, fruit gums, american hard gums oh and the jelly babies got me wanting some now .. our local cost cutters do them 500g bags little walk me think

Hi Pete. I have just had a monster green one delivered that weighs in at 3 pounds. I won’t start on it now but will try it out when nobody’s looking

I remember a pint of Phipp's SPA at 1/7d plus a bag of crisps for 4d giving you a 1d change out of two bob. Then off to the chippy for fish and chips for a 1/-! (I was 16 then!)

A good night costing a little under 15p in today's money!

Terry

(Translations of the above into modern english are available @ £1.15s.6d ea and comes with co-op divi.)

Edited By Terry Walters on 13/01/2012 16:12:10

Posted by ken anderson. on 13/01/2012 16:01:09:
bring back fish and chips in newspaper......c/w salt and vinegar......all for 1/6p....thats 8p in new money!......

ken anderson ne...1 f and c dept..

If it was good enough for Alf Tupper.................

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 13/01/2012 17:44:07