February 2012 issue feedback

Got my Feb issue a few days ago, real impressed with the "Taboo" design, plan firmly placed in the bucket! Still no sight of the Jan issue though?? Just doing the decals for Tim's Rivets (@130%), and am keen to take a look at the Sweep plan too. T tailers may be a little retro, but boy do they have panache.

Edited By graham kindberg1 on 01/02/2012 22:41:13

Advert

As for hidden control surface actuation i am with danny it bugs the hell out of me to see an amazing scale model with servos and rods sticking out everywhere, why would w you go to all that time and effort and not bother to try and hide the radio dannys way of doing it is ok if you have a lathe but to be honest there are easier ways that everyone can do, the db spit i am doing does the same thing rather more simply and works a treat, i would suspect very few of us have access to a lathe

Thanks Lee, I am not sure how the DB Spit has its controls hidden but if it is anything like Brian Taylors method for his MkIX then it is a bit fiddly to make slop free
There are places that sell the RDS adaptors, if you cannot bully a chum into making them, and of course you can always use the remote RDS method where no adaptors are required at all
If you get a mo, can you show a shot of how DB does it? I am always happy to learn new methods

Cheers
Danny

When Vecchio wrote about the RDS adapters, I was initially very sceptical, Being concerned with the effective torque due to losses from friction. When it became apparent that the system did work,

I then became quite interested. I was finally put of by the apparently high costs.

At the moment I do scan the Chinese sites looking for a low cost sytem to become available.

It does show, how first impressions can be wrong, in that from what has been written, RDS works, and Swinge Hinges do not.