February 2012 issue feedback

Ian....We use this in the shopfitting trade,it's sold in two grades at builders merchants 'A' and 'K'...K grade is more durable but much harder to push pins into.

Hope this helps

Andrew

Advert

Hello Graham, and thanks for your reply - I've begun wading through the posts suggested by Chris, above, and so far I'm thinking in terms of 18mm MDF, as you suggest, and perhaps with the addition of say, 75mm wide x 18mm MDF battens screwed/glued to the underside to try and keep it straight/flat.

Unfortunately, I won't have enough room for a large door-sized building board and was thinking in terms of something smaller which I could put down on any old, not neccessarily flat, worksurface but which would have sufficient inherent stiffness to remain flat itself.

I have previously used a local timber merchant who used a large table saw to very accurately cut sheet board to size for me. I'm assuming he will do the same for my building board and battens and, looking at his website earlier today, I see he also deals in Sundeala.

If this doesn't work out for me I may yet trouble you for that sample. Cheers.
Ian

PS   just read your post Andrew.   Thanks, alternatives to (expensive?) Sundeala
Ian

Edited By IanR on 17/01/2012 23:17:30

Great stuff BEB, it doesn't normally sink in these days so it's 3 reads then it all becomes clearish at about 2:30 or 3 in the morning, so it's very strong coffee and read it again .

Danny, just what I need, clear practical stuff, that I can figure out how to use it in future projects. Brilliant, keep up the good work.

Really enjoyed this issue, it's not cured my insomnia, but who cares. I can read the opposition when I want to get to sleep .

Cheers,

Chris.

I found pages of maths to go with the RDS stuff Chris, if I could have understood it I probably would have stayed awake. if i hadn't nodded off head first into keyboard, resetting Firefox, and deleting the history, I would send it you

Got it just today. Well, to me every issue is very simillar to others - all of them keep very high level. Loads of info, very nice method of escape from kids:D:D:D, mag is written in very friendly and light style.

Thanks a lot to all in charge! Keep it up gents!

Posted by Seamus O'Leprosy on 18/01/2012 21:37:46:
Well done Danny, Gordon Whitehead would be proud of you
Hi Seamus, it shames me to say that I have never read Gordon's book, I have meant to as it is refered to by many. Even Alex mentions it in his article.
Well I have made moves to remedy that situation, I ordered a copy of Gordons book today.

Cheers
Danny

Posted by Erfolg on 20/01/2012 13:52:45:
Has Taboo infringed my copyright, they have just changed the tail

Don't think so!
Take 5 minutes to look at the plan and you'll see lots of other differences! I think your copyright is un-infinged.......... unless you own the copyright for a plane with two wings, a fuselage, one propeller and a canopy over the wing?

Hmmmm Thought not! Here's a tissue - dry your eyes and try to be a little less insecure.

FYI the good old Flair Dara 20 was the inspiration for Taboo's first predecessor..... Blimey, that was a while ago! Happy days!

Leccyflyer

Oh, Oh, if you only followed all the threads

The subject was covered by Vechhio see the link, you know the guy, that very,very, old Austrian

The thread even covered a swing hinge, appears not to be made now. I was considering that approach, as it seemed a lot easier to install, successfully.

It all happens on the site first

Posted by Erfolg on 29/01/2012 18:18:50:
Leccyflyer

Oh, Oh, if you only followed all the threads

The subject was covered by Vechhio see the link, you know the guy, that very,very, old Austrian

The thread even covered a swing hinge, appears not to be made now. I was considering that approach, as it seemed a lot easier to install, successfully.

It all happens on the site first
What on earth was I thinking of, daring to congratulate a new columnist on his first article and having the temerity to read it in the magazine first, rather than on the site.

Thanks for pointing that out though, it'll save buying the magazine in future. ......

Thanks Leccy, much appreciated.
I did mention the Swingee in the article, and they are still available. A friend used some in a 1.20 sized warbird and suffered very early wear, and subesequental violent aileron flutter. He was very lucky to get the model down in one piece, the flutter was so violent it broke the stabiliser! Cheers Danny

Danny

Not meaning to be disparaging.

The information with respect the Swingee is useful, it is not often that the downside of any product is mentioned. Pity, though, as it did appear to be much easier to install than the so called RDS.

Again with respect to RDS, although our Austrian contributor (Gerhard) successfully installed the system, for an ordinary modeller such as myself, it could be a challenge, to get consistent results.

Posted by Danny Fenton on 29/01/2012 20:34:18:
Thanks Leccy, much appreciated.
I did mention the Swingee in the article, and they are still available. A friend used some in a 1.20 sized warbird and suffered very early wear, and subesequental violent aileron flutter. He was very lucky to get the model down in one piece, the flutter was so violent it broke the stabiliser! Cheers Danny
Hi Danny

I've still got a few Swingees around here somewhere, thought they were a great idea at the time and posted about them a couple of times. haven't used them myself though. I enjoyed the article and wish you all the success in the future with the column .
Cheers
Brian

Subscribed 2 weeks ago and just received Prolux Digital LCD Sealing Iron....must be the best gift yet! Thanks for great mag and thanks for great gift.....cant wait to start building Mr Whittakers Firefly 46 glow great project for the winter months ...excellent drawings should simplify this great little engine.
Taff

Posted by Daniel Brannon on 29/01/2012 19:51:51:
Can anyone tell me what date the magazine usually arrives on your doorstep? Got a subscription for Christmas, January issue arrived OK in december but still not seen the Feb issue. I also cannot access the digital stuff on this website.

That seems a bit late Daniel, I'd suggest you contact subscriptions, they'll be able to tell you your subs number too which, for digital stuff, you need to insert in the 'my details' bit of the 'my account' pod at the top left of the page.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 30/01/2012 07:46:21

Sadly I started my subscription in December, shortly after the January edition was on sale so I've missed out on the free gift. Have made a mental note however not to renew my subscription until around February next time