February 2012 issue feedback

Just opening our usual thread for thoughts and opinion in relation to the Feb 2012 issue that''ll be arriving with subscribers very soon.

Regular forumites will recognise a certain new scale columnist, take a bow Mr Fenton, nice one Danny 

I thought I 'd just mention the subscription offer - the heat sealing iron. We had a few stock problems last year but this year our subscriptions manager has bought advanced stock of the gifts so those hiccups should be a thing of the past. 

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 12/01/2012 10:36:54

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 12/01/2012 10:37:05

Advert

Thanks David. Waiting for the magazine to come out has been like expecting a new member to the family, maybe I can get some work done now

Great work on the drawings btw, if you could thank the in house artist And thanks to Chris Bott for the pic of me and the Chipmunk.

Looking at the picture of the subscription offer, the iron looks like a temp controlled Prolux? If that is what it is, I have one of them and it is fantastic to set a temp and know it's right. Love mine

Cheers
Danny

Just had a sneak peak at the digi copy as well

Looks like yet another very tasty issue ...nice one gents !

Congrats on the "column inches" BB. ...lol. Great to see all your hard work imortalised in print. I think big bro features in this issue as well, nice one our kid

Hopefully get a proper read when postie arrives

Just had a browse through the digital version.

Its great to see a good review of the Futaba T6J. I've read many US forum reports that seem to have a snobby view of the T6J (probably without ever trying it), comments like beginner's radio, cheap FASST alternative and park flyer only radio did not help.

I've been using one for about 6 months now and its all but replaced my trusty old Speccy DX7. I use it for everything that needs only 6 channels, from my TREX250 heli, to H9 Corsair and GP Revolver 70", without any issues. I have great confidence in both the radio and the R2006GS RX. These little RXs are brilliant, super reliable, but really affordable. The quality is very good.

Indeed apart from screen display could be bigger, Its programming is just as good as the DX7 and miles ahead of the old 6EAX set I used to have. Its functiuonality is streets ahead of the 6EAX FASST set.

Funnily enough, many of my Futaba flying colleges have switched from 2.4 FASST 6EAX to the T6J set.

Being one who resists the temptation to have a sneak preview at the digi version whilst waiting for my grey envelope to arrive, I think it's a bit off to spoil my anticipation by listing the contents......

About this time each month I look out for le facteur (as he is known here), bowling along the lane in his little yellow van, hoping he'll brake to a halt outside my gate and drop the package into the box.

When he does, I can then have the pleasure of thumbing through it to see what's in it.

I'll have to ignore this thread until it arrives!

Pete

You want comments on February!! The November issue has only just arrived in the shops here.

Not sure when we will see December or January, a container ship went down off our coast late last year, it might have had magazines on board for all I know.

We could really use some good magazines to read here in the Antipodes because our alleged summer has been so wet and windy that we mostly can't go flying. Still, in just over a week I have managed to build main wings, fuselage, ad fin/rudder for a Balsa USA 1/3 scale Morane Saulnier. Just the elevator/stabiliser and then assembly and covering work to do, I must be about half way there.

regards
John

It is so hard not to read it online before I get my copy at home. Especially when I'm sat at work on nights (bored!).

Hmmm maybe I could bring in my clean sweep to get on with. Not got much more to do but i don't think work would like piles of balsa dust all over from sanding down the planking

Andy

I subscribed for the first time last month and waiting for it to arrive has felt like the longest wait since being a kid on Christmas eve! It arrived on my doormat this morning, only got in an hour ago after being on call out all evening and am looking forward to flicking through it after having a quick look at the digital version on here.

Only downside for me is that had I waited until this month to subscribe instead of last month, I'd now be a proud owner of those sealing irons! To think, I bought the Jan copy, then subscribed only to find that the very first copy I get announces a free iron to every new subscriber! Argh! Guess I'll have to just go and buy one now - me a cheapskate? Only when it comes to taking the opportunity when it arises! 

Edited By Steve Cornell on 13/01/2012 23:01:53