motor mounting problems, HELP!

you are basically adding a another vertical fin to the center ribs and mounting the motor onto that, the info below should give you some ideas

ahh i get you, so the pylon has tongues on it so you can glue/rubber band it to the wing.

and the ply ribs underneath to stop the balsa ribs from collapsing I'm guessing?

like this?

• 3 weeks later...
ok, so I've added ply ribs to the balsa ones at the centre, looks terrible but ill sort that out soon :P

this is a picture of the ply ribs

the question now is, how would i make a pylon to fit to that? i can't have it straight because it wouldn't fit to the shape of the rib, and it would be really tricky to curve it to this shape... if you get me?

any suggestions welcome, Again haha

think of the shape of an hourglass, then look at the rib above, the bottom of the hourglass shape goes either side of the2 centre setion ribs, these 2 bits of ply are the brackets that hold up the actual pylon, there will be a gap between the 2 uprights, in this gap goes the actual pylon, ok?

Edited By Alan 4 on 05/02/2012 18:08:20

haha, im so stupid, i actually understand you now... i think

so where i have just added a ply rib, you meant add a pylon-rib instead? like a rib with a pylon shape added onto it?

this is the rib i added, what you meant was to have a rib shaped like this?

finally, made 2 pylons from ply( above)

gorilla glued em on :P, the foam insert is only there to keep a space so i can glue the foam in afterwards

depron glued in :D, how am i doing so far? :P