1st model advice

morph

Hi all, Ive been into RC cars for many years and have now decided to take to the skies. Ive been a keen aviation fan for as long as i can remember (frequenting many airshows and welsh lowfly photography trips). I am on a budget and have decided to go electric. Ive been looking at the hobbyzone supercub. Im going to purchase a spektrum DX5E transmitteralso. Would the cub be a suitable 1st model or does anyone have any other suggestions? i am looking at bind and fly models.

any advice and help is welcomed

Neil

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Anything high wing would be a great place to start, Hobbyzone's supercub would be a great buy! If you bought the DX5e you would only be able to have one model memory on the TX at one time, if you bought the next stage up (which i would recommend) the DX6i then you would be able to store 10 models on it.... worth while in the long run.

Tom

depends what you want for power, engine or motor, going it on your own, in spite of the crash avoidance system fitted (ye, right) will be fraught with danger, the best way is to go along to your local club, ask questions, may be even have a go on the club trainer, then take the plunge, invest in a 4 channel trainer, join the club, and BE INSURED, decide what you want, electirc, or glow engine, and let us know

Thanks guys Due to my lack of time, i didn't really want to commit to a club at the moment. I have ordered Pheonix rc sim and was hoping that, and practising in a field near work at lunchtimes would get me going for now. I am going to go electric for definate.

I'd get the DX6i, infact I'm buying on later today, as I've used up all the model memories on my DX8, DSX9, and going to transfer my foam models to the DX6i and free some models up on those tx's

The DX6i has got 20 model memories, and really the dx5 is not very good, as every time you want to fly another model, the trims will be out - which can lead to a stick situation...

Also, please don't use bold all the time, make my eyes funny.

Posted by morph on 01/02/2012 19:32:49:
Just picked up my new supercub and a spektrum dx6i. Im going to get some sim practise before i take the real one out.

thanks for everyones advice

Neil

p.s I have to use bold or my post doesn't appear on the forum??

Why Shouldn't make any difference.

Edited By Paul Marsh on 01/02/2012 20:01:49