New Electric Lanc plan

Lew Weaver

Hello all!

This is my first post. I'm subscribing RCM&E for 1 year now and have just renewed. Keep up, great magazine.

I'm intending to build the B-17 or the Lancaster from Tony N. plans. My question is:

Is it possible to covert them to I.C. ?
I now I can have problems when one engine stops but, I just love the I.C. sound! :)

If so, What engines do you suggest?

Regards,

Joao

Hi Guys,

Lew, from my commputer I have measured 630mm from tailplane tip to tip excluding the fins so there is a 1% error so it sound about right bearing in mind paper plans do expand and contract depending on humidity.

Tony, There are plenty of micro servos about around the £10 mark and any one should be suitable. With regard to the retracts, the plan shows an indicative spring air retract with could be any type. The mini's are the smallest Eurokit make and these were used on the Prototype, so they sound the correct ones.

Tony

Tony
I purchased the original lancaster plan + the cnc kit & mouldings a while ago and it is still on my waiting list of projects to be started due extreme pressure of work. I had considered modifying the original with plug in wings to make storage & transport easier. Would this require significant mods to the original?

Lew...yes correct

Colin...It would be easy for me to say no its a doddle, but I've built designed and built quite a few Lanc now. If you are a confident builder then have a go and use a couple of 3/4" ali wing tubes to join the wings..... To be honest,the new lanc is so much nicer in terms of scale and design I would think about selling the old set on ebay and buying the new pack.
Regards Tony

Tony

Sorry another Q, the mag article says start by pinning the main spar to the board, if you build it like this the main spar will protrude below the rib level or have I missed something?

Also, if you look at ribs W13,14 & 15, the spar suddenly changes from 1/4 to 1/4x1/18, how does this happen?
Do we taper the spar suddenly or notch it? ie the spar needs to be packed by about 1/16".

Thanks

T

Tony, Puffin model have such a beast in stock....speak to John Emms

Regarding the spar, you can either step the spar to the end or notch it...dosen't matter which (I notch the spar per rib on my Lanc)

When you pin the spar to the board, put some balsa packing under, so it raises the spar and the ribs sit firmly on the spar

Hope this helps
Tony