New Electric Lanc plan

Lew Weaver

• 2 weeks later...
The UK contact number is 01689 899228 or 229

I'am unsure if they despatch internationally but you can always ask.

For the plan set, CNC pack & mouldings the order number is SETRC2039 for the complete set.

The detail for the build of the 72" Lanc is within the Jan 06 & Feb 07 RCM&E mags, you can order these from here too if you wish.

The spinners can be either bonded to the back plate or small blocks fitted on to the face of the ply plate and the spinner screwed into position.
I tend to just 'spot' glue the spinners on to the plate using Evostick and to date both the props and spinners have stayed in-tack. When I did need to re-secure a prop recently, the spot glue joints(glued in three locations)came away with gentle leverage and no damage....maybe I was lucky!

Tony

can anybody tell me who stocks the eurokit retracts. i bought a set secondhand without a valve and air lines. i have a robart valve and lines but the lines are too thin to use with the quick connectors on the retracts. Hopefully i can just get some new air lines.

Also been waiting over a week for my plan and wood pack to arrive. They said there would be a delay and it would be posted on the thursday of last week (I ordered on the monday). PLastic parts arrived but still no sign of plan or cnc pack. Are they catching due to the plan errors?

I have finished the new Lanc and flew it yesterday.

It flies well, so now it'll be painted and more scale-like wheels fitted.

It has a fixed U/C at the moment because of our rough strip.

There is a short (512K) video of the flight (I am hoping the link below works)!

It was taken with a cheap digital camera with no zoom, so please excuse the quality.

http://www.weaver19.eclipse.co.uk/Lanc%20Fly%20by.wmv

I'll try this to link a picture as well.

http://www.weaver19.eclipse.co.uk/Lanc%20on%20Strip%20Feb%2027-07.jpg

Hey Tony,

Are the clear parts and plans available for the 11ft Lanc?

How much, and also, can they be picked up? i will be in london and duxford in a few weekend's time and would love to save myself the shipping to Australia. That's if pick is available roughly near those areas...

Thanks

Dave Martin
www.sbrcmodels.com

anybody else have troble getting in touch with falcon aviation? tried ordering through their website but there was no checkout to pay. emailed them last week. phoned on several occasions just keep getting an answering machine. left a message last week and they havent got back to me. Dont they want my money?

David,
RCM&E should be able to supply the parts for the 11' Lanc, and I know have regually ship plans and canopies to Australia. But as you are here why not speak with them and try to collect from their Orpington offic (south London).

Leigh, I have been trying too...I hope there's not a problem with Richard and the guys up there

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Tony N

Any reason as to why the plans show a two mini servo set-up for the rudder control rather than the single servo set-up the mag photo's appear to show, is this due just to a slight change in design for the kit version?

I take it the long control rod leading the full lenth of the tail on either side of the fus is just that?

thanks
T

Putting servos to operate each control surface is so much easier than the pushrod arrangment. Micro servos are so cheap now!

On the prototype, I used the pushrod set up thinking it might save weight but it turned out to be the opposite, so I modified the plan showing the two servo option as an alternative.

My advice is go with the two servos.

Tony

Before i get ping'd for hijacking this thread, are there any build threads on the 11ft lanc, and/or power trains used??

I went to orpington to pick up the plan and clears, but they delivered the 72" stuff insted. doh.

Well, they are mailing it out to Oz for me instead.

Thanks