Have Futaba gone stark raving mad?

Seamus O'Leprosy

I had a 8FG with a few Futaba RX's and lots of clone RX's, never ever had a radio link issue but because of the way things were going sold it and now use Hi-Tec throughout. Apart from the Aurora TX feeling bigger and less comfortable to hold I am very happy that I made the move to Hitec, I get the small 6 ch RX for about £27 and the bigger 6 and 7 ch ones with free on board V+ telemetry.

It seems a shame that the marketing arm of some companies think they can force a change of opinion within the customer base, merely because of brand loyalty or reputation.

So Futaba, thank you for the years of trouble free service and welcome Hitec which so far, is offering the same benefits at a much more affordable price.

Ian

• 2 months later...

Been Futaba virtually all my RC life but their fannying around made me go to JR XG8.

Oh and those silver Hi Tec running shoes were some of the best around and a really competitive price. Wish i could still get them instead of paying £90 for today's offerings!

change of plan in the ne...1 camp...after seeing one of my flying club members hitec aurora 9 ...i also decided to buy one...and i'm pleased with the touch screen...set up and price of the RX's....i was hanging out for the T8J ...... but was put off by the fact that the glider wing set up were non existing! ...and so after 20 + years i'm now with the hitec lad's.....

ken anderson.... ne...1 .... 2.4 dept