DX7 aileron problem

Marty Ball

Hi chaps, I have the Specky DX7 and an AR 6255 rx, this combination works fine on my other models but I have just bought a new rx for a new model and I can only get one aileron to work? I have checked the settings for my other models and they apear to be fine, what am I doing wrong?

I have swaped the Ail and Aux over and its the same brplem but the other way around, any ideas?

Advert

To check if its a problem with the receiver, Try swapping the receiver with one of your existing known working receivers of the same type in the new model and bind to the transmitter. If both servos' work then its a receiver problem, if no change, its a transmitter setting problem.

Paul

Thanks for that chaps, I'm just about to go at it again, I have taken my valium lol

Hamish, re-reading my post it isn't clear but I have another AR 6255.

Paul, good idea, a pain in the Arse but a good idea, I'll use a known model and connect the new rx to that.

I'll report back later with my findings.

See ya later.

Marty

thanks for letting us no Marty. The reason I asked is if it was an ar500 then it dont work. Although I do not have a Dx7 I would go along with Rusty.

Good luck and keep us informed. If you can only get one aileron running then you can make it a pylon racer wink

I think the Aux 1 channel is u/s, I copied the settings from my Akcent (which is working fine) on to the new model settings in the tx and then plugged the new rx into the Akcent with the same result, only one aileron working. I then changed the servo leads over with the same result.

I am now about to bind the new rx to the Akcent model on the tx, I gat back soon to let you know the result, this willbe the acid test I think.

Posted by Rusty C on 17/04/2012 19:25:37:

Mmmmm, I am sticking with the wing setup, Have you checked that Marty? I dont quite understand this whole copying business, surely if its a new model you would be setting up a new profile for control throws, expo ,ect

Rusty

Rusty, I'm not sure what you mean by wing setup? If you mean Flaperons then yes i have checked that.

The copying business idea is as follows: The problem is that with a brand new rx in a second hand model one aileron wont work. so, I thought, if I copied all the settings from a working model into the tx under the new model "folder" and tried that model and the new rx in the existing good model it would prove if the ailerons were working .... which they wern't! I then connected the proven old rx from the working model to the "new" model and all the control surfaces worked, albeit not with the correct throws but that proved all the servos were working.

I have now completed my last test which was to bind the new rx to the existing good model on the TX and hey presto, only one aileron worked so I think that is pretty conclusive that one of the ports isn't working. I took out one of the servo leads and did some swap tests which proved the AUX 1 port isn't working.

I can't think of anything else it can be. any ideas before I send the rx back to the supplier?

Ok Marty I cant think of much else really. Unless for some reason the input select has been mucked up ie its trying to send signals to aux 2 instead of aux 1 which isnt there. but this is a stab in the dark, It could be as simple as a faulty rx.

Good luck bud

Rusty

One wonders how carefully the supplier looked at it. I trust you provided a clear description of the problem? Having been on the servicing side for electronics at one stage, I know it can be a bit difficult if there is no description of what is wrong. But you have described it to us clearly enough so presumably you did the same to them.

If I had access to the Rx, what I would want to do now is check the output on the pins for the faulty channel. One check you can easily do yourself...is there power between the two outside pis, eg black and red? The other needs a scope for best results..is there a signal on the middle pin relative to either of the others? The trouble is this will only tend to confirm what already seems apparent...the receiver has no output on that channel.

regards

John

Smoke break! lol

Well I bound the new RX to the Akcent (my working plane) and all ia AOK! yes

So, I re-bound The new RX to my TX under the new model the Garnet, .... Nothing question I then decided to copy the settings from the Akcent to the Garnet in the TX and tried that with the Akcent. That worked yes

Just plugged that Garnet into it's own RX (with the Akcent settings) ......... Knock at the Door! Grrrrrrr (My "Model room is in the attic!) ....... Bloody Jahovas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Smoke break and then I'll report back.

Ureaka! I really don't know the cause of this problem but the cure was to copy a working models settings into the new models number. enlightened

Just as an aside, I had at an eariler stage reset the New Model Number to the factory settings before I realised that it was the RX that was dickie.

I now have some fine funing to do and everything should be ok.

I have noticed that obe aileron servo isn't centering very acurately but it is a second hand model!

Anyway Chaps, Thankyou for the help and interest.

Regards

Marty