10cg help please

Andy  Shailer

Hi all,

ok one new 2.4 10cg, set up for the first time one of my 35mhz to go 2.4, ive done everything my the book, got servos working but they all are making that buzzing sound, not just one but all of them, also when switch from high rates to low, the rate of which it moves is slow and not instant like it should be, where have i gone wrong, spent all day yesterday tryiing to sort it, im sure it something simple (like me!) but i cant found out what, help needed please.

cheers all

Andy

Advert

You're using the 10CG in 2.4GHz mode? And what receiver are you using? If you use a 7-channel-or-less receiver, such as R617FS, you have to set the transmitter for 7-channel instead of 10-channel. You do that in the Parameters menu.

I haven't tried to operate with the wrong channel number setting, so don't know if it results in the symptoms you're experiencing.

hello andy...the servos may be buzzing because they have new settings/slightly off centre's with the new modulation(2.4)set up.....and also double check the binding procedure is done correct...hope you dont revert to using a knockometer(hammer) ....

ken anderson ne..1 knockometer dept...

If there are lots of 2.4 wireless devices I have heard (correct me if wrong) that Futaba can be slowed down by them. This could be causing the slow movement. Alos due to 2.4 being a higher resolution the servo as Ken said might be slightly off center try putting in some sdub trim to see if the buzzing stops.

Hope this is of some help.

Tom

Are you using digital servos - I believe that 10CG combos are supplied with them...

If so, these respond to any load e.g. the weight of the control surface, by opposing it and you can hear them doing so as a (how can I describe this?) whining electronic grumbling noise. If so, it's perfectly normal and to be expected.

Can't help offhand with slow servos on low rates - there is a facility to slow a throttle servo but I can't recall it being available on all channels at the same time.

What servos are you using?

Just checked the manual - this may be significant?

When using the R6008HS/R6014HS in the high speed (HS) mode, digital servos are required for the first six channels (1-6)

If an analog servo is connected to one of the first six channels when in the high speed mode, the servo will not function properly. Additionally, while many peripheral devices will operate in either the high speed or normal mode, some will not. If there are any difficulties noted, please return the receiver's operational mode to the "Normal" mode to determine if this resolves the difficulty

If using the R6008HS in the high speed mode, analog servos may be used for channels seven and eight. If using the R6014HS in the high speed mode, analog servos may be used for channels seven to 12 and for DG1 and DG2.

(For Operation Mode Selection, see p.20)

Edited By Martin Harris on 13/05/2012 10:51:09

Thank you lads for all info, the receivers are orange, two club members use them with the 10cg and work fine, which is why I can't understand why it's not on mine, I took my 10 to club member and he showed me how to link the receiver, and it work fine, two days later I set my whole plane up and that's what's been happening, I've been out for the day today so not been able to have another go with the 10 with all your info yet but I will, watch this space.

many thanks lads.

Andy

There is absolutely no reason at all why "Orange" FASST Rx's should not work perfectly (Or FRSKY FASST, which is what they actually are). (In fact I prefer FRSKY FASST to Futaba in some respects!)

What you DO have to do is to disable the Futaba Fail Safe on the Tx!!!!!! (Which Futaba oddly call "Normal". Faiulure to do this will give you EXACTLY waht you have going on!!!

Failsafe is done by the RX, after binding and with it all live and working, you move all the surfaces to where you wnat them to go, them press the "bind" button BRIEFLY, the green LED will blink once and it's all set.

Check the FRSky website for the instructions...................HK alias Orange are poor at providing ANY info, but it is a recased FRSky.

P.S. Sense OK, spelling poor.............Rubbish site not allowing edit or external spelling checker to work...................GRRRR

PPS I own about 20 FRSky FASST, 2 Orange FASST, and innumerable Futaba 2.4 Rx's, and 3 differing Futaba FASST Tx's.............

Hi Lads, update is...... took off orange receiver, put on Futaba receiver and perfect no buzzing at all (only from me) Dave tried disable fail safe but two of us coundnt work out how to do it, but till i get used to the lovely 10, it will be Futaba receivers for now, thanks for all the help lads, safe flying always.

Andy