WOT Trainer Copy?

Advert

Posted by Ben B on 19/05/2012 09:28:18:

It certainly has a strong passing resemblance. However it's a tricycle rather than a tail dragger. And it's bizarrely very slightly smaller only by a few % though.

wot trainer

the original also has tricycle U/C you have a choice between this and a tail dragger. but most seem to be built as a tail dragger

or the majority of other trainers! Just how nany ways can you join up the dots to link an engine up front, a high wing in the middle and a tail at the back? I'd consider it a clone if the wing section, incidences and moment arms were exact copies, otherwise it's just another trainer using proportions known to work. Come to that it bears a resemblance to the Jolly Roger I learned on in the 70s!

• 1 year later...

There are examples of both in our club, and the general opinion is that the Venus is the same woodwork built in the same works as the WOT Trainer, but covered in cheap PVC which looks like Nora Batty's stockings.

Considering they are hardly that expensive it seemed to make sense to me to buy the original model.