Servo slow on a Taranis, John:-

Go into the MIXER screen, highlight the mix that corresponds to the flap channel, press and hold ENT and select EDIT.

Then at the bottom of the right hand column you'll see Slow Up and Slow Down. Setting the number of seconds there, sets how long the servo takes to move upwards, and to move downwards.

Repeat, if you use a second flap channel.

Advert

Hi John, I have a taranis plus, but I think this applies to the taranis. Go into Edit mode on your mix for the flaps. The last four entries on the lower RHS of the screen are "Delay up", "Delay down", "Slow up" and "Slow down" I find putting a value of about 2 seconds in both the "Slow" entries smooths the flap operation nicely. Another way to acheive it is to deploy flaps only in certain flight modes, and to "Fade in" the flight mode over a period of seconds. This makes a nice smooth transition between modes.

Hi,

Just bought a Phoenix 2000 it's a my first glider and plane, I'm new to the hobby! I want to put flaps on after flying it for a week, I have 2 9g servos but I want to know what size extension leads to use?? I also want to upgrade the blades as I've heard this would improve the performance, can someone advice on what to get, thank you!!!

AFAIK the prop is a 10x6. It's not just a matter of putting a bigger one on, though. The problem with using a larger or more heavily pitched prop is that the current draw will increase significantly. The 30A ESC should cope with it as I seem to recall a current draw of about 17A with the setup as supplied but I'm not sure about the motor rating.

If you want better performance you might need to think about changing the stock motor. Terry Walters' setup on page 3 of this thread has a considerably faster rate-of-climb than my stock setup, so that spec there might be a place to start.

Whatever you choose to do, I'd recommend getting a wattmeter so that you know exactly what power figures you are getting on particular combinations of prop, motor and battery. The investment can save a lot of burnt-out motors, ESCs and models....!smile o

Pete

Hell. My prop adapter and prop center are badlt eccentric!! The whole thing vibrates without adding the prop blades and cone! I hadn't thought to check it previously more than just a quick spin up on the bench. But I can actually SEE the wobble without resorting to a balancer. face 12 Why would anyone buy a spare from the same maker? I'll try my LMS tomorrow, but may have to go to a trusted source online after all. (Graupner)

Gee Chuck, That is awful! But I have to say that, in all, I have purchased four of these Phoenix gliders P2000, P1600, PNF as well as ARTF, and never have I had a problem with the props and spinners. I must have been lucky!

There have been some other issues with some trays fitted incorrectly, and not enough adhesive on some of the ply pieces on the wings, but nothing dramatic.

Certainly for the price I reckon that they must be the best bargain ever.

I had three hours P1600 flying with the Red Kites this afternoon. Getting some stick time in before winter arrives!!!

Good luck And I hope you get that bird in the sky soon. Persevere Chuck, you won't regret it

Go With the Flow

Bruce

it's a good glider ... now my question, as I have had one for a year ... does anyone know where I can get a new pair of wings, mine are knackered ... but she does / did fly well ... you will be happy with it.

but back to the main question ... New Wings? anyone?

Tony Gurd

Posted by Tony Gurd on 30/01/2015 15:00:16:

it's a good glider ... now my question, as I have had one for a year ... does anyone know where I can get a new pair of wings, mine are knackered ... but she does / did fly well ... you will be happy with it.

but back to the main question ... New Wings? anyone?

Tony Gurd

**LINK**

• 1 month later...

I have just been assembling the wings for my Phoenix 2000 and found a problem with the left wing.

I purchased this model earlier this month from HK's UK warehouse after they had informed me they had a new stock.

The flap servo well is in the wrong position and is reversed when compared with the right wing.

This means that the shafts of the aileron and flap servos face in opposite directions. The servos in the right wing face the same direction as they should.

imgp0001.jpg

To correct this will mean I have to hack out more foam to make a new servo well which would weaken the wing

I have asked HK to send me a replacement wing but I suspect that all the present stock have this fault.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has experienced this problem.

Chris.

Edited By chrispy on 19/03/2015 17:42:54

There isn't a fault with the wing. It's just that, like so many manufacturers, they do not account for the fact that flap servos are ideally mounted in the same orientation, as opposed to the mirror-image mounting for ailerons.

Options are to cut the foam accordingly, as I have done; use two channels for flaps; or use a Y lead and a servo reverse on one servo.

This isn't a 'cheap foamy' issue - the Multiplex Funcub and others are made the same way.

Pete

Hi There. New member here. I have bought the HK Firstar/Raptor V2 2000 which I understand shares wings & tail feathers with the Phoenix. In other forums folk talk about the Raptor tip stalling easily yet I don't see any mention of that here. I bought the plane as an intro to FPV & intend to fly it with a simple camera to start with. Any comments on the tip stalling thing?

Hi there guys,

Hope we are all finding a few of these Spring thermals springing up!!!!

Apologies Mr Moderator for this more or less or off topic. Please toss it out to where it belongs.

I posted this on another thread but the previous post was five years ago, and understandably nobody has been back except me a couple of days ago.

I'll pop it in here and then please redirect as appropriate.

So, same old question but five years on. Which DLG ???

I currently fly a Phoenix 2000 and also the 1600 version.

I am having fun finding and hanging around in the Thermals and updrafts.

So I'm contemplating an entry level (i.e. inexpensive)1500 DLG with ailerons and flaps.

I've read a lot about the libelle, both the pros and the cons.

I am also looking at what HobbyKing has on offer.

Yes, I've heard the comments that you get what you pay for.

I reckon that I have had great value and learning on those Phoenix models for very little money, and I would recommend them to anyone wanting to get into gliding.

So now you know about my way of thinking. Practical and cheap gliding.

Can the nice people on this forum make some recommendations please.

I have access to flat field and to slopes.

Go With the Flow

Bruce