Well, As I said, there are now pics of the model flying!!

Here she is just as I have launched!! As you can see, she climbs out nicely!!!!

100_0544.jpg

And a pic I took as Ian Jones brought her in for a lovely landing after having a "trial flight".

100_0540.jpg

As I said, I have fitted the flaps adn have to say I am very impressed with them.

When dropped, the model almost stops dead in the air so allows for a nice controlled approach with them being got rid of just prior to rounding out, or, in a breeze work great for those harrier landings (as witnessed at the R&DMFC Aerowtow Flyin on Sunday!!)

So there we have it.

Dont delay, Get one today!!! lol

wink

To be honest Steve,

I'm not that advanced in my programming skills.

Also, I dont think you can do that with a DX6i!!!! I just have flaps either up or down. When they are down, I have a little down elevator mixed in to prevent ballooning!

Maybe one day when I have a more advanced Tx I might look at having snap flaps and maybe even a 2 stage flap (1 for thermalling and 1 for landing approach!)

Dave

wink

Posted by David Gilder on 26/07/2012 21:52:01:

Your more than welcome to have a go with her Ian.

I've just fitted up the flaps!! From my calculations this will require a bit of down elevator to counter the ballooning effect so I have included a mix and will try to get a test flight in on Saturday morning to make sure its set up okay!

Looking forward to it now!!!

Dave

Thanks or letting me loose with her Dave. It's a well behaved and pleasant aeroplane that wasn't at all bothered by the breezy conditions. I enjoyed the flight and it's still on my never ending list of things to buy.

Considering some of the other "toys" that cost lot more, at £60ish pounds it would be money well spent.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Robin,

I havn't found any issues with the rudder at all. To be honest, I find it quite efffective. I have had lots of flights with the models with lots of rudder input on aerobatics and its never had any issues regarding either effectiveness or warping!

I would suggest "flying the gnats of it" first before you consider making any adjustments.

I am going to be using mine soon as a video platform which will require considerable rudder input for maintaining aim on the subject. I would not have considered using it if I felt the rudder was going to be an issue!

Hope that helps.

Dave

wink

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave - bought one of these from the German warehouse a couple of months ago - airframe only This is to replace my Easy Glider which is suffering from soggyfrontendosis following an unexpected in flight detachment of the motor/prop assy. The Easy Glider may fly again but as a soarer only - it's powered days are over!

Just finished yesterday - and now awaiting better weather for the maiden. I have fitted flaps following the comments on the forum about how much room it needs to land without them!

The overall impression of what you get for your money is that it is very good value. Looks quite slippery!

Keep you posted

Terry

Well 'the deed is done!

A very bright cold day but a bit blustery - not the ideal day for a maiden but the week deteriorates from here so to the strip I went this afternoon.

How did she fly - lovely - not a single click of trimming needed. Everything worked perfectly including the flaps and Terry is very very pleased. I have missed having a working powered glider and now feel whole again.

First flight on a 1300mAh 3S - about 10mins with plenty of WOT climbs and the control envelope tested!

Second flight - put a 2200mAh 3S in and had around 30mins and only used 5 mins of throttle.

Heavier than both the Easy Glider or the Elektro Junior but slips through the air very nicely. Landing with flaps was dead easy too.

If you want a great value for money powered glider - just get one. I bought the airframe only not the flight ready version as I wanted to put my own electrics in.

Terry

Hi lads, yep I got one of these, the basic airframe version a month or two back. It's very good indeed, good glide - excellent energy retention as I think the phrase goes. I managed to catch some thermals with it last month and I've fitted a reasonably punchy power system so it's good fun too in lukewarm liner mode.

The flaps work well for lift, drag or a combination of the two.

p2000.jpg

MVVS 2.5 1120, 10x6 folder, 3S 2200mAh Li-Po and mini servos all round.

Glad to hear your both very pleased with your purchase.

I had a mishap with mine just over a week ago... Landing in some long grass after a filming flight around the church we are getting married at... The elevator detatched along the hinge line...

Not a major issue. will just retro fit some normal mylar hinges and she will be away again in no time.

Dave

wink

Posted by Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 02/11/2012 15:38:38:

Very tempting....smile

Terry what bits did you pop in yours? Always interesting to hear what others are using.....teeth 2

Hi Steve - my set up is:

Motor: Turnigy TR2217/16 - 1050kv (mount needs slight elongation of 2 holes).

(Initially I found it a absolute pig trying to fit the motor with the 3 support/insulators disc! Then I gave it a bit of thought and came up with the following method.

To fit the motor and hold all the reinforcing plates in the right place I put 2 lengths of studding thro' 2 opposite mounting holes in the external metal disc, thro' the relevant holes in the fuz, then thro' the rear spacer/insulator and the final mount and then screwed them into the front of the motor. I was then able to pull the motor and all three mounting plates into position and fix 2 mounting screws into the vacant holes thro all the mounts etc. I then undid the the studding and withdrew them thro' the front and fitted the remaining motor screws - easy!)

Not vertical but plenty enough for fast steep climbs - beats my Graupner Elektro Junior S stock set up and that's pretty good.

ESC GVS 40 amp

UBEC Hobby Wing (flaps fitted - 6 servos so just a little insurance!)

3S Lipos - have used 1300 up to 2200 no probs.

Folding Prop - original equipment

Prop Adaptor - 3.17mm (Giant Shark!)

Very pleased - order one! Cheap as chips for what you get. You do really need those flaps tho'!

Terry