AR6210 vs Orange 6 channel receiver

Posted by nescafe37 on 31/07/2012 16:52:33:

Hiya all. I currently have a orange 6 channel reciever fitted to my ST Model Discovery and was wondering if i should infact buy a an AR6210? am i dicing with death using a orange receiver because im sure its not a full range model.

Cheers Chris

I'll be interested in the results of this, Orange ones are A LOT cheaper but I am still unsure about them. I have an AR6210 paired with a DX6I and that has been perfect.

CS

Our experience is that the little orange receivers are fantastic. Flown in a Wot4 foamy, and ST MX2 and various Depron creations, I trust them absolutely, and have more issues of trust with one of my Spektrum AR6200's

The larger orange receiver marketed as a full range device I'm less sure of, and we have retired it after a couple of odd goings on which may, or may not have been down to the receiver, not sure!

I have several Orange recievers in my models and have only had one incident with my F27Q stryker which came down in a field quite a way off too. Luckily not much damage and she was soon in the air again. Incidentally the Stryker was the only model that I didnt use a satellite reciever with. The others I have not had even a glitch with so far. (Touch wood for luck) I did replace the reciever in the Stryker with and official spektrum product as there was no room for an Orange satellite.

I lost my e-pioneer for three days last week and when it was found, the nose was completely smashed and the motor`s shaft was forced back in it`s casing. The receiver was an orange R710 Spectrum compatable. In fairness, I`ve not experianced a problem with the second one. I bought two at the same time, from HK in May, this year. I tested it along side a Spectrum receiver which proved that the Orange receiver was faulty

However, I`ve returned it to the UK depot, asking if they will honour the 12 month warrenty, as opposed to returning it back to HK. So here`s hoping !!

I've not used the satellites. the problem we had with the larger, full range 7 channel receivers is that we just lost control for about 10 seconds on a number occasions. Originally we thought the issue was elsewhere with a dodgy switch, but with hindsight that was probably not the case. In none of the cases was the aircraft a long way out.

As I said the smaller 6 channel ones are incredible value and capable of greater ranges than my eyes! On YouTube somewhere there is a test with a glider at quite extreme range.

Graham, will an Orange 6 channel receiver be okay in my Domino? It's a 44 inch sport aerobatic biplane and is powered by a 62 Four stroke. Or if not my Funfly?

My transmitter is a DX6i. The Funfly has an AR6210, which is DSMX, the latest Spektrum version.

The Orange is DSM2. My transmitter will work with DSM2.

So will it be good enough, considering that I want reliability.

CS

Posted by ConcordeSpeedbird on 31/07/2012 21:38:47:

Graham, will an Orange 6 channel receiver be okay in my Domino? It's a 44 inch sport aerobatic biplane and is powered by a 62 Four stroke. Or if not my Funfly?

My transmitter is a DX6i. The Funfly has an AR6210, which is DSMX, the latest Spektrum version.

The Orange is DSM2. My transmitter will work with DSM2.

So will it be good enough, considering that I want reliability.

CS

I use an Orange 6ch Rx with orange satelite in a 40" electric sports model and have no issues althouh the size limits the range I fly at, probably a max of 250 - 300M.

Edited By FlyinBrian on 31/07/2012 21:45:04

I use Orange 6-ch Rx's, with satellites, in an E-Flite Piper Cub 25 and Ripmax Druine Akrobat. I have them without sats in a Multiplex Easyglider (regularly specked-out) and E-Flite Sea Fury and, since my DX8 went back for the firmware update, they have been rock-solid at full range on DSM2.

I've recently had a range problem with the 9-ch Orange Rx - but that's another story.....

I would use an Orange 6-ch with confidence, Christhumbs up

Pete

Posted by ConcordeSpeedbird on 31/07/2012 22:39:18:

Genuine Spektrum receivers work fine, I was just wondering whether cheap ones are worth it.

CS

I think the evidence is in this thread, CS - many successful flights completed on Orange Rx's.........thumbs up

Cheap isn't necessarily bad, you know......wink 2

Pete

Reading the success rate on here with the Oranges makes me think i'll stick with the full price. I'd been thinking about getting one, but when i've got 300 quids worth of plane, servos, motor and battery in the air, i'm not risking a one off crash for saving £20...

Posted by GrahamC on 01/08/2012 13:06:09:

Concorde Speedbird.... I use AR600's in my IC stuff. (That's what is in the Spitfire.) I tend to keep the orange receivers for smaller electric planes. Becasue the planes are smaller I tend not to fly them that far out. (My aging eyes!)

Cheers Graham, I think I'll stick to an AR6210 in my Domino then. May as well since it has been faultless in the Funfly.

CS

Just to add my thoughts on the Orange rx's. I have used them in all my RC kit which includes a 450 and 500 size helis and also my three fixed wing ST MX2, Ultrafly Yak 54 and ST FW190. My son also uses them in all his kit and we have never had any problems with them. They seem just as good as some of the Spekky kit although people will tut and shake their heads knowingly when they see them, funnily enough though they do seem to find there way into their kit, so they can't be that bad. I do use a satellite with them all but that's me being belt and braces anyway.

Regards DB

Edited By Dennis Broughton on 01/08/2012 18:33:26