Dual servo problem?

Nev Haycox

I have just set up dual elevator servos on my Seagull Zlin 50 but when I turn on my DX8 and then the AR7000 receiver the servo in Aux2 (one of the elevator servos) give me full down elevator until the receiver has connected and then the servo centres, the other servo is unaffected. Why is this happening and is it ok. It doesn't happen on my dual aileron servos.

Thanks in advance, Nev.

Advert

I have/had the same problem. Problem when you want to do complicated models, by using dual elevator/aileron and flaps, causes a bug to appear. Did the same to me, as well as mixing rudder when flap is selected. Weird.

The DX8 is a good set, but not really that powerful - the DX18 should be much better.

Spectrum receivers remember the control positions that the Tx is in when the receiver is bound. It always uses these positions for the servos during the period that the receiver is connecting at switch on. (Except throttle).

So whenever we change something in the Tx programming, particularly the neutral positions we need to bind again to save those. Hence Spektrums recommendation to rebind a model after all the setting up is done.

It's actually a useful feature allowing us to make sure our servos stay wherever we want them to stay, during the Tx Rx connecting period. No great mystery really once we know.