Ok, what next? Please have your say.

Nev Haycox

After crashing my Extra 300 yesterday I realize I may have bitten off more than I can chew, having said that I still don't know what really happened !!! See the Extra 300 32e thread, click here.

I have a Seagull Zlin almost ready to go but as it's described for advanced flyers I now wonder if it's too big a jump considering my experience? Yes, my confidence has taken a knock but I still wish to go forword

I have flown with confidence my Tutor 40 Trainer, Black Horse Renegade and Habu EDF, all electric powered.

So to my question, what should I go for next to improve my flying skills? I'd like to stay with electric power for now so please bear that in mind.

Please have your say.

Thanks in advance, Nev.

Advert

I can only say that if it were me, I'd probably keep flying the Renegade until I was sick of it and there was literally nothing I couldn't do with it. Then I'd probably be glad to upgrade rather than feel apprehensive about it. Dunnoe, just a suggestion as sometimes the best thing to do is nothing.smile d

the zlin should be more forgiving than the extra the wing is really quite large and she floats very well on landing, but to be honest these types of model need to be flown at all times, and generally are not "hands off flyers" not to say that you have bitten off more than you can chew, it is just that you have to concentrate and know where your trims are, there are loads of great second models out there, (harmon rocket, kyosho calmato, pulse etc etc) prob try one of these before the zlin...but the zlin is a beautiful thing!!

just remember, if you don't crash every now and then/......... you ain't trying hard enough !!!!

Hi Radge, I won't be rushing in to soon but I have been flying the Renegade for a year now, so I feel ready to move on but a little more slowly, that said I'm not ready to retire her just yet. Thanks for your advice.

Hi Rusty, No 3D for me, I just wanted to have a go at beginners IMAC and thought the Extra might be the best way forward, wrong. I have looked at the Pulse before, it might well be the way to go, Thanks.

Thanks for all your advice Lee, I have dicided I must slot something in between my Renegade and Zlin and the Harmon Rocket is on the short list along with the Pulse.

• 2 months later...

I have decided on the Harmon Rocket, electric powered as this is what I'm familiar with. I have started putting it together and hope to have it flying soon. If I can have a good winter flying the Renagade and Rocket I will hopefully feel more confident about flying the Zlin in the spring.

Nev.