Autogyro Get togethers

Richard Harris

Hi all, so directions for the day are as follows:

Location is at Patricks Farm, Meriden Rd, Hampton in Arden, Solihull B92 0LT.

Its just off the B4102, through some large Green Coded gates. If closed then stop and ring me on 0781 4647 137 for the entry code. Once inside turn right into the lane and on until a set of silver gates, agai n coded which I will advise when you ring. Park with all the cars and walk up into the field.

The format as last year will be a relaxed fly in with hopefully a little food at lunch. There will be other club members flying, several heli and they have been asked to give you all priority as guests for the day.

Our flying times will be 11am until 6pm so i would aim for a pilot welcome brief at 10.30am

Look forward to seeing you all, flyers and any interested spectators.

Steve

Well yet again we were blessed with the weather , plenty of sun and the wind down the strip, although a little gusty at times.

A big thank you to those who attended, Numbers slightly down on last year but those who made it I hope had a great day..... Some pics ....

sam_2335.jpg

sam_2336.jpg

sam_2337.jpg

sam_2338.jpg

sam_2339.jpg

sam_2340.jpg

sam_2341.jpg

sam_2342.jpg

sam_2343.jpg

sam_2344.jpg

sam_2345.jpg

sam_2346.jpg

sam_2347.jpg

sam_2348.jpg

sam_2349.jpg

sam_2350.jpg

sam_2351.jpg

The highlights for me were the mass same model fly offs - Gemini's, Mantis's and the mass Whippoff of Whippits

Steve

**LINK**

At Steves do I was asked by Chas & others if you could get the pre rotate head for my Cooler autogyro on its own. I know that when I built it over 2 years ago the guy in Malaysia would sell you the complete unit as a spare part. ( I also bought spare blades off him at the time). Please see the guys link above, his e mail address is towards the top of the site on the left in orange type. Seemed to be ok to deal with and when I ordered spare blades I just asked him to send me a paypal invoice which I just paid & the goods were sent.

He also does other Autogyros as well including a small Cierva .

Hope this helps

Graham

• 3 months later...

I am sorry to report the passing of one of our members, Zane Horton of the Old Warden Club. Zane was an Autogyro enthusiast and some of you may remember his Panther fitted with an OS engine. I recall him coming to our OW get together and how delighted he was when rich flew it after fitting Rich H's blades. A super chap and I am pleased to have known him.

Chas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Chiltern model flying Club is pleased to announce its Autogyro open Day will be held on Saturday 16th May 2015, (ie in just a couple of weeks time!), near to Luton.

We have several confirmed gyronuts attending already but welcome other interested pilots and modellers.

Last years event was a great success and we are hoping for another great day. (Have already booked a nice sunny day and slight wind)

Please message me for further details if you interested in attending.

Malcolm and Tim

Edited By Malcolm - coolwind.co.uk on 30/04/2015 15:03:20

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Sorry to advise that the Reading MAC Autogyro do scheduled for 12 JUly has been postponed due to the RCM & E fly in at Greenacres ( which incorporates a mass Atom Fly) being moved recently to the same weekend. Due to this We have no confirmed attendees and a lot of Nos.. I will come back to you shortly with a revised date probably late September/Early October once we have arranged this with Thames Valley Park where we fly.

Thanks

Graham

READING AND DISTRICT MAC AUTOGYRO FLY IN 2015

Further to previous post this has now been rescheduled to 4 October 2015

Venue Thames Valley Park Reading

Flying 10.00 am - 5 pm

Will post full details again nearer the time.

Thanks

Graham

• 1 month later...

So here we go with the location details again:

Location is at our club flying site which is located behind the Patrick's Farm Craft Centre entrance - Large Green Gates off the B4104 east of Hampton in Arden. Postcode B92 0LT. Once you are through these which should be open turn right then follow the lane, through some silver farm gates and then along the lane a few metres til you see our parking site. Park up and walk up the ramp into the field. Arrows on the day will show the way....

Format for the day will be informal fly off the peg, without transmitter control if your 2.4. If your 35Mz then we operate a peg board system - peg on to fly.

Pilot's briefing and welcome at 10.00am with flying from 10.30 until 6.00pm if you want.

Club members will also be flying but we will encourage visiting autogyro's to take priority whenever possible.

Hopefully some hot food will be on hand, free at lunchtime and some small refreshments for our guests.

Pics to tempt yousam_1503.jpg

sam_1504.jpg

sam_2336.jpg

sam_2346.jpg

Edited By Steve Jones 2 on 07/09/2015 12:22:37