Autogyro Get togethers

Richard Harris

Yep they are mine !, build with my flying wing man Tim..

Note however All models are inspired by a Genius design by the Master Richard Harris ...the Whippit. Without this fantastic model the Calidus, AC20s and the latest fleet of WW2 models would not be possible.....

Any Questions ask away in the RC Groups threads for these models.

Hopefully they will take to the air again at our meeting on the 17th....

Good luck

Steve

Hi All,

So here we go with the details of our Autogyro Flyin On Sunday Sept 17th:

Location is at our club flying site which is located behind the Patrick's Farm Craft Centre entrance - Large Green Gates off the B4104 east of Hampton in Arden. Postcode B92 0LT. Once you are through these which should be open turn right then follow the lane, through some silver farm gates and then along the lane a few metres til you see our parking site. Park up and walk up the ramp into the field.

Format for the day will be informal fly off the peg, without transmitter control if your 2.4. If your 35Mz then we operate a peg board system - peg on to fly.

Pilot's briefing and welcome at 10.00am with flying from 11.00 until 6.00pm if you want.

Club members will also be flying but we will encourage visiting autogyro's to take priority whenever possible.

Here's a pic of the site to wet the interest and hopefully a great day and weather to come.

sam_1503.jpg

A *huge* thank you to Steve for the brilliant day today, along with Graham and Tim, who buffed up the rough edges on my Atom effort, took it up for it's maiden flight and spent some time showing me how not to crash using their own 'gyros later in the day. I will do my best to do all the suggested changes in order to be able to have another go at OId Warden in a months' time.

Thanks guys!

• 5 weeks later...
I'm at Old Warden and have had my brekky but I can't see anyone I recognise from last time. Tried Steve's number above but it comes back unrecognised. If anyone happens to pick up this post, please text me on 07767 331031 with pointers as to where the flying site is. Edit: Rich just got back to me to say it's been Storm Brian'ed off. No worries, I'll go see if Little Nellie is still on display here and look out for an updated date.

Edited By Rob Meades on 22/10/2017 10:25:34

Edited By Rob Meades on 22/10/2017 10:53:16

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Winterton Model Flying Club are happy to be hosting the UK AUTOGYRO EVENT 2021 July 23rd 24th & 25th Camping and Caravaning Fresh water and Onsite Elsan Point BBQ and Raffle Donations for camping all in aid of Lincs & Nottingham Air Ambulance

Come along and see for yourself this  popular/ fascinating part of our great hobby.

A good weekend with a great bunch of chaps who are always willing to share their experiences and help others.

received_318678562961902.jpeg

received_890965615164488.jpeg

• 1 month later...

We had a small get together last Saturday and the first of the year at Peterborough MFC, for obvious reason numbers were limited but there was a healthy 30 odd models turn up.

It was a bit blustery and rained until midday but the afternoon saw lots of flying and everyone exhausted pretty much all of the electrons from their Lipo's.

A few snaps and a video of our autogyro goings on.

Rich

IMG_7979.JPG

IMG_7922.JPG

IMG_7985.JPG

IMG_8007.JPG

IMG_8020 (2).JPG

IMG_8047 (2).JPG

IMG_7970 (2).JPG

IMG_8040.JPG

IMG_7954.JPG

On 29/06/2021 at 23:16, Stephen Jones said:

Hi Richard,

I would imagine the Autogyro with the floats on is good for keeping orientation. 

Steve

Steve,

It certainly is easier to see in the air.

It would be good to see you and your Lidl machines at our annual Fly-In over at Winterton in 3 weeks? I'm sure they will go down well along with your fixed wings. Always worth throwing in a tent and stopping overnight, once the sun sets the boys get out their night flying gyros/planes and have a blast after our Take away.....

Rich

On 02/07/2021 at 09:29, Richard Harris said:

Steve,

It certainly is easier to see in the air.

It would be good to see you and your Lidl machines at our annual Fly-In over at Winterton in 3 weeks? I'm sure they will go down well along with your fixed wings. Always worth throwing in a tent and stopping overnight, once the sun sets the boys get out their night flying gyros/planes and have a blast after our Take away.....

Rich

Sorry Richard ,

Only just logged in and got this post. ?

That would be too far for me and my 28 year old car.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...