Autogyro Get togethers

Richard Harris

• 5 months later...

Chiltern MFC Autogyro Fly In 2016

We are trying to fix a date for this years event. Our usual weekends in May clash with the Old Warden Mayfly and the Greeenacres events. We also have had an issue with our patch over the warm and wet winter which will could affect April and early May. So how does the first weekend in June sound?

Reading & DMAC autogyro fly in 2016.

This event is scheduled for May 15 2016. . Much earlier this year due to a change in the grass land management surrounding our strip. This used to be mown at the end of June to allow for car parking for two regattas held on the Thames. However environmental concerns for the welfare of nesting skylarks has meant mowing of the area surrounding our strip is delayed to late summer! So come and listen to the skylarks singing and get some flying in before the Chiltern MFC Fly In.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

READING AUTOGYRO FLY IN SUNDAY 24 APRIL 2016

This is the rescheduled date for the above. Flying from 10.00 - 17.00

Address

Thames Valley Park Drive

Reading Berkshire

Nearest Postcode ( within 250 yards) RG6 1PT ( 1 Thames Valley Park Drive)

Directions

From M4 Motorway leave at Junction 10 ( Reading) and follow Reading A329m signs. Join the A329m and keep on it for about 2 miles until it goes over a flyover and runs out at a roundabout.Turn right ( 1st exit) at the roundabout and you are on Thames Valley Park Drive. Go past a car park, crossing and bike stands and in about 250 yards park just before the next pelican crossing. It is legal to park on the single yellow line on a Sunday but not the zig zag crossing hatchings. Field, pits and strip are on your left.

Hope to see you there

Any problems phone me on 07817 013449

Graham

• 4 weeks later...

A bit slow coming but here are a few snaps I took of the Reading get together a few weeks ago, plenty of models and flying despite the cross wind across the patch (the beauty of autogyros). Big thanks to Graham and his club mates for putting up with us yet again, roll on the next one!

img_8676.jpg

img_8677.jpg

img_8678.jpg

img_8680.jpg

img_8681.jpg

img_8682.jpg

img_8683.jpg

img_8684.jpg

img_8668.jpg

img_8687.jpg

img_8696.jpg

img_8722.jpg

img_8726.jpg

img_8745.jpg

img_8755.jpg

img_8756.jpg

img_8762.jpg

img_8767.jpg

img_8859.jpg

img_8880.jpg

img_8888.jpg

img_8897.jpg

img_8901.jpg

img_8918.jpg

img_8973.jpg

img_8977.jpg

img_9005.jpg

I was at a caravan site in Henley for two weeks in April and when there I always go to the Reading club site to watch and chat. guess what day I had to pack-up and head for home !

Sorry to have missed it but great photos.

Edited By Mowerman on 10/05/2016 10:15:45

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So here we go with the location details again:

Location is at our club flying site which is located behind the Patrick's Farm Craft Centre entrance - Large Green Gates off the B4104 east of Hampton in Arden. Postcode B92 0LT. Once you are through these which should be open turn right then follow the lane, through some silver farm gates and then along the lane a few metres til you see our parking site. Park up and walk up the ramp into the field. Arrows on the day will show the way....

Format for the day will be informal fly off the peg, without transmitter control if your 2.4. If your 35Mz then we operate a peg board system - peg on to fly.

Pilot's briefing and welcome at 10.00am with flying from 10.30 until 6.00pm if you want.

Club members will also be flying but we will encourage visiting autogyro's to take priority whenever possible.

Hopefully some hot food will be on hand, free at lunchtime and some small refreshments for our guests.

sam_1503.jpg

sam_1504.jpg

sam_2346.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A few snaps from me of Sundays Old Warden Gyro meet, I counted 65 autogyros in all which is pretty good for an autumn meet. Traditionally we have what we call a 'Whippoff' where we all fly a whippit in close formation, generally with a mid air or two, 11 in the air twice is a new record for us .

Good turn out in an excellent place, what its all about

img_0710.jpg

img_0713.jpg

img_0716.jpg

img_0719.jpg

img_0738.jpg

img_0760.jpg

img_0785.jpg

img_0786.jpg

img_0792.jpg

img_0794.jpg

img_0795.jpg

img_0796.jpg

img_0799.jpg

img_0803.jpg

img_0801.jpg

img_0805.jpg

img_0807.jpg

img_0808.jpg

img_0815.jpg

img_0817.jpg

img_0834.jpg

img_0845.jpg

img_0865.jpg

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 31/10/2016 22:48:59

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

a list of 2017 Dates.

April
Sat 22 - Ian's Bash Peterborough

May
Sat 20 Tim's Bash, at Chiltern MFC

June
Sun 11 - Graham's Bash, at Reading MFC

Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th - Cali's International at WINTERTON

July

Aug

Sep
Sun 17 - Steve's Bash at Heart of England

Oct
Sun 22nd - Chas's Breakfast feast and fly off !! at Old Warden

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi there: my Atom is complete and seems to travel in a straight line on the ground so I'm now looking for a get together or someone within range of Saffron Walden (north Essex) to show my how to get it off the ground without it suffering s sudden unplanned disassembly. Is the next get together of autogyro types in September 17th?

• 2 months later...

There's mention of a 17th September get together above: would it be OK for me to turn up to have my unflown beastie looked over, maybe even trialled by an experienced hand? I have to be in Keele on 16th with a car full of daughter's flat contents but I'd hopefully be able to make a Sunday thing still.

Posted by Piers Bowlan on 08/09/2017 08:33:41:

Hi Rich, There are three pusher models in one of the videos, they look rather like the full sized MTO sport or Caladus auto gyros (clue;-they are coloured yellow, Green and Pink respectively in the vid!). Are they foam and is there a plan yet? Just curious.

I think you are referring to Steve Jones Designs AC 20. There are free plans for download

Auto Skunkworks - AC20 EPP build

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=8309&share_tid=2340262&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ercgroups%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2340262&share_type=t

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2340262-Auto-Skunkworks-AC20-EPP-build