RCM&E Special Issue 2012

Advert

Oh dear Chris - you are clearly in need of my course "Surviving Marriage - a Guide for the Terminally Male".

When your wife asks you "What do you think of......" substitute "this dress", "my hair", "the coat" whatever, you don't think she's actually asking for your opinion do you? Dear me no - I mean why should she entertain such a notion for an instant? All women know that men have absolutely no sense of style or appropriateness where fashion is concerned - she knows that she might as well ask the cat as ask you - in fact, if she was desperate she probably believes she would be better off asking the cat!

She only asks you to elicit bonding behaviour. So the right answer is of course; "You look lovely dear - as you always do". Notice, no mention of the hair itself - very important that. I find that with a certain degree of creativity you can use that for all such occassions. If you feel it necessary you can even look at her while you're saying it - although some feel that is over indulging them a little.

BEB

PS The Special? Oh yes it looks lovely, as it always does.wink 2

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 11/09/2012 20:51:33

BEB, that is a very relaxed approach, you know you are always in trouble, only the level varies. If im planning a full flying weekend, i phone the hairdresser to find out the appointment, log it in my phone.

Its totally safe to beep...she is in the hairdresser, having a wonderful time (me..id rather hit my thumb with a hammer) Now you get in first with "your hair looks great, have you had it done?' Hey presto, double points.

Now a couple of issues to watch for:

1 Phoning ahead, speak to the dumb jnr, the air head, as she/he will forget your name in a nano second, her hairdresser will mention it before she gets the second foot in the door.

2 If she steps in the door holding the relished RCM&E KEEP FOCUSED Eyes on the hair, If you falter, halt at the line is ok, but never mention the mag. All points safe and secure

Graham

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 12/09/2012 05:37:21

Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 11/09/2012 20:04:27:

In the shops 24/9, subscribers will receive before by a few days. It'll be a close one Justin.

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 11/09/2012 20:06:36

Thanks David, I will miss out this year. Got it last year as we went a week later. o well will get it on my return.

Good job I put the October issue straight into the case before reading it.

Thanks Chris,BEB & Graham, my wife heard me laughing so much she read the thread over my shoulder, I am now grounded for the weekend!!!! However what she doesn't know is the forecast is for Rain, Winds & Snow down to 700metres!!! So I will spend the whole weekend in the shed trying to finish winter projects which is what I planned anyway!!!

As for the Special can't wait even coming round to thinking about the Havard, but still want a Whirlwind TONY.

Well,mine arrived about an hour ago .Normally I flick through the mag to see what interests me and decide what to read first later on .I must say that I've read a bit of every article and all of interest to me .Well done David & team ! One of the best issues I've read in years .Nice one & will appeal to more than myself whether beginner or expert

Congratulations from Myron .Keep it up -obviously a lot of thought gone into the edition to make it "Special"

Edited By Myron Beaumont on 17/09/2012 14:37:25