Retailer Problem? My Problem?

Hi,

I just wanted to find out if any other have had a problem with Probuild. I bought two kits and ordered two 3 w engines at the nationals. Once I got the kits home and got them out both had faults and one had a major fault. I was in communication with them for around a week being told Phil was away but not really getting anywhere trying to sort it all out. Then at the end of the week I drove down to Branford with the kits to find them shut. I left both kits at the unit next door as the chap was a friend of phils and his business was UAV's. This I can now see as a mistake but seemed ok at the time. Now ever since and this was two weeks ago they have stopped replying to my emails ans won't answer the phone. They have £1670 of mine and I have now nothing to show for it. I paid by credit card so have now been in contact with the bank. Of course I'm not happy about this and I have seemingly been ignored with quite a lot of my money sitting in there bank.

On the other hand I would like to say a big thank you to inwood models as after having a kit from they that had a fault they were on the phone and sorting it out within two days. Great service and just what you would expect from a long standing company.

Not only have I had a bad experience here I have missed out on what seemed like a great model.

Dave

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 16/09/2012 19:13:06

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 08/08/2013 11:20:32

Advert

I'm suspicious of some model traders, would rather stick with the ones I've bought from before. Inwood's I trust whoally, as they are always helpful and Dave, especially throws options when doing purchases at the shop, such as, new engines, kits and radio gear, which sometimes gets released without me knowing.

With paying Credit Card with Probuild, as least the card company can put pressure one, and you'll get your money back, compared if you'd paid with cash.

I have had to extensively edit the OP on this thread because in a number of areas it fell seriously outside of the guidelines provided for this type of thread.

Can I reiterate - if you are contemplating this sort of thread can you MUST READ the guidelines here first. In future we will have no hesitation in deleting threads that do not comply with the guidelines.

BEB

erm, welcome to the forum, will we see you here again i wonder ?? sorry you have been gven the run around from this supplier, this is the 2nd time i have seen their name mentioned ot stuff they have been responsible for, i prefer folk to exhaust every avenue before they go public, in this case, you seem to have done this, i hope you get a result, but please, dont just use this forum as a sounding board, contribute something eh?

Hello Alan,

Of course you will see me here again. Please let me explain....

I started flying models at an early age and even ended up working in the local model shop for a Saturday job. I was a very active right up until around 5 years ago when I started to drift away putting more time into full size flying but of course the bug stuck with me. I enjoy fixed wing and helis, and never stopped visits to the nats or the odd show each year so never just walked away. Last year at the nats I bought a trex450 and 2.4 futaba radio set from inwoods and that was me getting back into model flying. I have found a lot of difference since I flew before and a lot of new things to get my head round with 2.4 being one of them. Wanting to expand my interest into some scale fixed wing, with a largest model lead me to probuild and a visit at the nats this year.

Now my bad experience was something I fealt people should know about as I might well have lost a fair amount of hard earned cash here...And i'm sure you would not want others doing the same. I feel I have exhausted every avenue here. I hope my bank are going to get somewhere with this as its far to much money to lose. Not having any contact at all for a few weeks now is starting to worry me as I'm sure you will understand.

More business savvy needed for me I think rather than letting the excitement of my next flying ideas rule my judgments.

Anyway, I have been using the runryder and helifreak forum for years and I have to admit I found this one while searching and researching about Probuild. So now I have found it the answer to your question is yes you will see me again...

After all we all have advise to give and need the odd bit of help from time to time. My latest head scratching thing is Sbus on my 8fg in fixed wing aircraft after getting my head around setting up heli's on it....

The facts are Phill williams was on holiday for a week after the nationals but his son and staff were running the show while he was away. I was in email and phone contact with them for 5 days after the nats. then they stopped replying to both emails and no phone contact. Even a friend of mine has tried calling them with no answer. They have quite a bit of money of mine and just to get ignorred rather than sort out the problems is just not on. The nats was a few weeks ago now so to be honest I have to say I'm giving a warning to others. It looks pretty bad from where i'm sitting. All facts!!

Edited By Flyboy Dave on 16/09/2012 20:42:10

Update on my experience with Probuild,

Last weekend I had a letter from them saying a couple of interesting things...

Quote,

I have examined the kits and they are fine. There will always be niggles in mass produced LOW price models....

Now something worth pointing out. As the sheeting was clearly coming unstuck on the wings in the wild hare extra kit in my reply I pointed out that he should take another look at them as if passed on to someone else there might end up being a safety issue. Being a qualified full size aircraft engineer I think I have the experience to tell if something is airworthy or not....After all I issue CAA ARC certs and sign off C of A's

Quote,

We have decided it would be best to not continue with any type of transaction with you other than a full refund to your credit card. Then they asked for my details in writing which I sent recorded mail first thing monday morning. Now a week has passed and still no refund....

At least they have acknowledged they have the kits back which was my worry, I also emailed the chap I left them with, but he never replied.

Come on guys, enough is enough, time to sort this out....

• 7 years later...

Hi

Has anyone had problems contacting INWOOD MODELS in Huntingdon. I ordered an inrunner motor and some control horns on 9th of June. They were in stock but still have not received them. I have been trying to phone them but no reply, I have emailed them but no reply. I am concerned because I have received items within 2-3 days. I have managed to check the progress of my order and says still processing. Their website is still accepting orders, please phone first to check before ordering.