2 Spitfires roaring past at Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire

IanH

Out for a walk with family and dog at Wimpole Hall in Cambridgeshire yesterday afternoon (and a nice day it was too), when we heard a grumble getting louder, to look up and see 2 Spitfires soar overhead and proceed to do a few low passes before flying off. Typically, I'd left the camcorder at home so had to make do with my mobile phone. Video below and full HD version on Youtube proper...

Edit: Should add, this is the first time I've seen a Spitfire so low, let alone two, so really made my day. Embedded video is pretty titchy, looks better (but still shaky) on Youtube.

Edited By IanH on 23/09/2012 20:36:28

Advert

beutifull day, aeroplane, and the house as well, 10 out of 10, reminds me of when i was going flying up my local hill, a sea fury appeared overhead, did a few circuits and did few dives into the vally below, did a roll on the climb out, she was waiting to be called up for the barton airshow display, what a great 15 minutets, apart from the nit who was stood with me, arnt those spitfires great indeed!!!

sadly, shortly after this display, she was lost with an undercart failure, the pilot safely performing the last over the side bail out of a service aircraft

WOW! would have made the hairs on my neck go mental ;0)

Loved the wing waggle as they left, great vid!

A few weeks ago a Hurri did some circuits over my place, I presume he was waiting to begin his display down the road at Bournemouth air festival, not a sound nor feeling like it, makes you proud to be a part of the nation they so bravely saved.

Happy to share the video, it made my day so made sense for others to enjoy it too. It happened to be a 1940s day at Wimpole Hall, so the setting was made all the more authentic by folk in military and civilian clothes (and hair-dos) ambling about too.

Does anyone know which specific Spitfires these are, or even which "revision" they are? I like to find out a bit more about planes I see in the flesh, so to speak, but HD or not, I can't clearly make out the markings on these.