CAP 20L build

Peter Miller

I took advantage of the calm weather and the clocks going back to maiden my CAP early this morning and it did not dissapoint, it flies beautifully. I only had one 4s battery so the flight time was limited, but I managed to trim it out, check out the stall at height and complete 4 take off and landings.

The stall was very benign, no wing drop and not much happening in pitch either. I didn't push it too hard as I was only trying to calibrate myself on the speed range prior to flying an approach. There was no wind and on the first couple of approaches I was surprised to see the model shoot past on what appeared to be a reasonable approach speed, it certainly carries a bit of momentum. After a couple of practices the landing was very nice so I had to have a few more turns until the battery was used up. I need to rig more gain on the ailerons as the roll rate was a little low.

I can't wait to fly it again and push the envelope with it.

Great design!

Thanks Peter

Edited By Delta Foxtrot on 25/10/2015 14:43:12

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

After being lucky winner in 2015 Xmas draw and building and going with ASP 36 two stroke today was the maiden flight day. Usual problem things with new engine tick over, pick up, top end and 30 mins later it was time to put back into car. Then Pete Miller came to mind in that why not try that Taylor Glow plug that's in the flight box. What a difference, without adjusting any settings the engine fired ticked over and went to top end power without a flutter.

Must search the internet for some more