Newbie from Langley, Slough

Dave Cummings

Advert

We are down in Brean near Weston Super Mare at the moment for a 4 day break. We had a bit of a failure with the swift the other day, Mick turned into the wind and it ripped the wing off, the fuselage fell into the field at the back and the wing fluttered in the wind for 4 or 5 mins till it came down in the trees crying 2

Oh NO, what failed on the wing to cause this.My first Swift did this and the cause was the wing support at the front.It was just 1 week old.I was given a replacement FOC and beefed the area up.I then had to make the larger plate up to have a larger area of support at the rear of the wing where the bolts go through to hold it in position,bcause I felt that could be a weak area.Its that Mike turned so fast the G force ripped the wing off.He was getting you back for the Wot 4,.

It didnt fly very well the wing strut appears to twist the wing ,but apparently it crashes very well,so a little more work will be needed.Its beautifully built by Mike ,but as usual no properly yet.But the little OS 10 is gorgeous.Didnt realise you have failed to find the wing. for the Swift.Mike felt he controlled the fuelage brilliantly to crash.

Firstly, happy birthday Steve, hope you have a great day, and what were you doing up posting at 2.33am ???

I have to work on my CV today to try and get a job, plus the weather looks rather dank, not nice for flying (

Looking at what is left of the swift it certainly seems to have been the front strut that gave way, it has split in the middle suggesting that it was never strong enough. Mick has said if we find the wing he'd have a go at building a new front end as after the impact there isnt much left, and then make a new front strut that would be strong enough.

The only good thing to come out of it is, after flying Micks wot4 the same day in that wind without any difficulties, I've convinced my good lady to get me a wot4 for Christmas, happy days !

Hope to see you maybe later this week.