Newbie from Langley, Slough

Dave Cummings

Advert

Hi DW we have unfortunately been blessed with a very uncompromising neighbour who has spent a mountain of monet trying to throw us off.Everything she has tried has failed so she comes up woth something new.She has payed a company to set up noise meters on her newly built balcony thats been erected knowing where we are directly towards us.She lives 600 metres from the site anf has started proceedings against the club stating we are a noise nuisance.The club with the help of the BMFA have to present a reply on 6th December.I have walked across fields to her house and sat on a style about 75 metres from her house.The noise level is extremely low and would not be heard in side the house.Being 600 metres from a Motorway would be a lot noisier..She has complained about every aspect of the club,and as assured us money is no object in her quest to close us down.Its sad that someone has a vendetta againt 120 people who enjoy not only the hobby but the countryside and the camoraderie our club brings.Last sunday i enjoyed the company as much as the flying.

Hi Doug, no, this is the Aldershot club, and yes, this thread goes on, and on, and.......

I must come down to Kempton again soon. I bumped into Phil Wade the other day at work and he gave me his no.

I'm just deciding what plane to get next as my super 60 is just about done, I've been flying Micks Wot 4 on a buddy lead quite well but I need somewhere more open to practice take off and landing and your place seems ideal. I have read many threads on here about 2nd plane/which trainer to go for, I can't decide at the mo, wot 4 reduced to 60% DR that I can grow into or a proper trainer, any thoughts much lay aappreciated

dave

The new Boomerang from Seagull looks a good model.But you need to check the front wing mount as theyve modified the model on the new one to make it easier to go electric.One thing to bear in mind is there are a lot of Wot 4s at the club so you wouldnt want to suddenly be looking at someone elses model!!.The Motorway I refer to is the M3 which passes Basingstoke DW.

Thanks Steve. We think the wing may have floated off down stream somewhere, ot maybe our friend over the way got it and burnt it angry

i've just ordered the Calmoto Aplha low wing in blue, should be here in a week, cleaned the engine today ready to go in, i'm all excited, so much so i've just been on the sim doing upside flying with a thunderbolt, almost did a circuit until i had to turn it up the right way thumbs up

Posted by mick pemberton on 23/11/2012 08:28:37:

Need a days flying with my mates,? ( your telling me sad jtw ) so bored cant run cause of my back, really missing it ,(wot,running ?? ! never seen you move at more than a snails pace   Chelsea have Raffa o joy , think the Calamato is a good choice, looks like a low wing trainer (good second model, good build quality , good flyer and looks good yes cool so don't let Steve any where near it ! wink