Futaba T14SG chat

Simon Chambers

Advert

• 2 months later...

Help needed .

I'm attempting to use a servo winch with my 14SG .

The servo is plugged into channel 5 on the receiver --R7008SB-- and I have allocated this to slide lever LS on the transmitter ..

What I want to happen is that, when the slider is in the fully up position the servo winch is stationary ,when the slider is brought down to its lowest position the winch activates fully to its second stop position .

I would also need to adjust the number of turns the servo rotates .

I do not want this movement to be affected by the dual rate function .

I have been trying to achieve this by using end point adjustment and travel rates with little success .

Any suggestions would be gratefully received .

Thanks , Keith

• 7 months later...

The latest edition of my 14SG Programming Guide, which covers the new features introduced in the V 6.0 upgrade, is now available. Anyone who has bought the book over the last week or so should already have the latest version. You can check this by going to the first page, immediately after the front cover. It should read - November 2015 Edition (Software V 6.0).

If you bought the book prior to this, the latest version is available to you as a free update. Go to Manage My Kindle (via Tools if you are using a PC or phone App) and follow the instructions for updates. If you have added notes, highlights or bookmarks you need to make sure that “Annotation Back Up” is turned on or you will lose them. If you do not add notes or highlights then selecting “Automatic Updates” should ensure that you automatically receive the latest version whenever I make amendments.

On this occasion the changes to the book are very minor as Futaba’s V 6.0 made very few changes to the programming. The main change was to increase the scope of the telemetry.

Edited By Malcolm Holt on 24/11/2015 15:34:03

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if it is possible to set a program mix in a condition so that it does not function in other conditions. I have three condtiins set up, all on one switch. I want a prog mix that operates in two of these conditions. So far it seems that i have to link the prog mix to the same switch. Not, as witn rates, just set them up in each condition.

Thanks

On the 14SG there is no direct way of assigning program mixes to specific conditions though, as in the example above, this can often be achieved by setting the ON/OFF switching so it coincides.

If you would like to name the four conditions, the logic switch positions which activate them and the conditions in which you require the program mix I am happy to have a look at it though I cannot guarantee that it will be possible.

Thanks malcolm, I have been using your book to sort this and I think I I have a way forward

Currently I need to use three switches: on SB I have dual rates set up for Normal, Spin and Snap. On SE I have three settings, landing rates, null or no effect and a prog mix -motor to elevator. On switch SF I have two throttle curves to allow motor stop and motor tickover ( to stop the esc brake being activated). I am trying to cut down the number of switches so I hoped to use conditions

Condition 1 - normal rates, motor to ele mix, motor to stop (trim 0) switch SB pos 1

Condition 2 - spin rates, motor to ele mix off ,motor stop - switch SB pos 2

Condition 3 - Snap roll rates, motor to ele mix on, motor stop switch SB pos 3

Condition 4 Landing rates, motor to ele mix off, motor idle (by using throttle trim) Logic switch on SF ??

Condition 5 ( a possible extra if i need it!)

simply put I can do what i need without using conditions but I was trying to use the facility of the trims being able to be separate for each condition and to not have to remember quite so many combinations. So I only have to move one switch to go to each mode as it were. I can use SB for all flying manoevers and on landing flick one switch which overrides everything else.

Confirmation that I have it right, or any other suggestion greatly appreciated, or I will just HAVE to buy an 18Mz ha ha

Logic switching is not necessary .As you correctly state, setting Landing Condition as the highest priority will override the others.

As we have already seen, program mixes cannot be allocated to specific conditions. With only three conditions the switches can be set to coincide so it is not a problem. All the factory defined mixes have values which can be assigned differently in each condition so it is usually best to try to use one of these when using four or five conditions and so avoid complex switching and multiple PMixes.

One approach is to use the Butterfly Function as follows. In the Butterfly menu go to screen 3/3 and activate the mix but do not assign a switch. Move the throttle stick to the bottom. Scroll to the 15% offset value at the bottom of the screen and hold RTN until this changes to 100%. This reverses the operation of the butterfly control to match the throttle.

Now go to screen 2/2 of the Butterfly menu. Select Condition 1 and enter whatever values you need to produce the correct response of the elevator to the throttle stick (see my book if necessary). Finally select Condition 3 and enter the same values. You will now have a throttle stick to elevator mix in these two conditions.

Well after a couple of hours of dial turning and button pressing i think i am there! I did use the butterfly mix but to get down ele at closed throttle, i left it at -100 and moved the x offset all the way across and the y left at 0. It all seems to work. I still need a P-mix as the glider setting takes away the preset rudder to elevator mix. As i can have this on during all conditions, its only a very small deflection, then its ok.

If we ever get any decent weather, i can give it a try!

Thanks again

• 1 month later...
Posted by Barnstormer 52 on 03/02/2016 09:51:56:

Hi VC

It sounds to me something along the lines that the sd card wasn't formatted correctly?

Or it was in a device that could only see it as 2gb

Regards

Geoff

I honestly have no idea, the software in the tx has been upgraded though and the various upgrades appear to be in the system, I say appear as I didn't check the originals out formally before I pressed the button on the tx.

It certainly looks as though my laptop is reading something wrongly but I lack the skills and experience to find out what, additionally I am not fussed now, this will probably changed at the time of the next upgrade though so I'll have to do something eventually.

Re-reading your post I wonder if the tx formatting pulled the stunt, I have no way of either checking or re-formatting but I'll read through the manual in case there's something hidden away as japanese logic dictates.

Thanks for the suggestion btw.

I am a an 8fgsuper user rather than a 14 but I see this thread is still active and Malcolm Holt views and comments on it. I have a hard copy of supplementary notes Malcolm did for the 8fg, presumably a precursor to the E book version for the 14. These notes have helped me get some good functionality out of the radio and was one reason I bought it..

Of particular help was Malcolms advice on programming a separate nose wheel servo and "taming" its near centre throw to help with take-off, but leave plenty of overall movement for taxiing. This was done using the 5 point curve. I am back from the club today and it has transformed the ground handling of my trike carriage model - a MIke White Coachman. I have had a bit of trouble previously and with following Malcolm's advice in the notes it performed flawlessly.

So just a note to say thanks for both the notes Malcolm and also your advice on this thread.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Hopefully you can help me with my problem I have a 14SG with a R7008sb Reciever and I am having trouble getting channel 8 to work. I am trying to set up a simple kill switch for a petrol engine, I know the hardware works because I can set it up on channel 7, I have the Reciever in mode A and set it up exactly as I had channel 7 but nothing.

Any advice? Mick

Is your setup for channel 8 responding correctly in the servo monitor? If so, double check that your receiver is in Mode A, otherwise create a new "clean" model on the transmitter and just programme the kill switch on channel 8. If this works correctly you must have some residual setting lurking somewhere on your current setup which is causing the problem.

Thanks for the reply Malcolm.

Always wondered what the use of that screen was now I know, the transmitter was working fine as shown from the ear of screen. The Reciever was flashing once as would say it's in mode A so I changed it to B and then back to A and it started working so a happy bunny.

Again thanks for the help Malcolm and your book is invaluable Mick