Precedent Stampe 1/4 Scale

cymaz

Advert

Hi Nick. I use this arrangement quite a lot. It means that you can fill and drain the tank from there and seal up the fuel system when not in use by transferring the clunk line to the centre blanked off tube. It is a simple piece of brass plate with the pipes soldered on and a blob of solder on each end to stop them from slipping off. GRP is an alternative for the plate, or a bit of PCB.

Here's a real can of worms for ya.

When I replaced the old OS 120FS with the ST2000, I had to slip another 12 oz. tank under the cabanes and run the clunk line of the rear tank to the vent of the front and the rear had two overflows.

I never thought of putting one underneath. Probably wasn't enough room, as you can see the ST used up a lot of nose.

img_1025.jpg

Edited By Nick Santovito on 10/08/2014 04:28:10

The newer kits are made by Slec. The old kits were made by Precedent - now deceased. The parts were die stamped on the Precendent kits, very hit and miss, literally.

Not sure about the Slec kits, give them a call if you are in need of something. They might sort you out.

They are good fliers and being 1/4 scale almost other parts from kits could be made to fit e.g. Sprung undercarriage .

Svenson also did a 1/4 Stampe, these are very hard to find. Though the plans are on the net.

I have a Svenson plan Stampe.....really nice flier too. The kit was better as well.

Edited By cymaz on 10/08/2014 08:16:52

Hopefully you build better than I do, as I always build on the heavy sideangry!

Just modified my last post. I put a laser 150 in my Svenson Stampe but it does weigh nearly 8 kg !!!

Build them light and they are real floaters on landing. 

Edited By cymaz on 10/08/2014 08:20:42

Both my Stampes are 8kg, 7kg is a good goal to aim for. There is a Stampe for sale on eBay that was built on this forum

Petrol engines are a good alternative now to glow. Though cooling and noise  issues need to be thought about. I have an Evo 33gx in mine, some use the 26. If you go the extra mile and start putting rigging wires on, these old ladies get very draggy. Saying that give them some spare power and they can put on quite a show.

Edited By cymaz on 10/08/2014 08:36:47

Hi Martin, here is a question for you, from your first flight you mentioned you had to put in loads of down elevator I had to do that with mine too. You said that you were going to pack up the trailing edge of the top wing, have you done this yet and tried it out? I'm interested in this solution as I thought that with mine the CofG was wrong but I had it as per the plan,and i had to add loads of weight to bring it forward, and it still wanted to climb.

do you think packing up the top wing trailing edge will work?

any advice appreciated, as I'm thinking that with your solution I can take the extra weight i had to put in and therefor not have to sell it.

Edited By John Hill 6 on 10/08/2014 15:35:12