Oodalally

Peter Miller

Advert

Would second the above posting about going to a bigger servo, something around 20g at least. The Hitec HS85MG are a good shout. 9g servos are fine for 1lb foam models, but a bit out of their depth on a 3 or 4lb wood build, in my opinion.

" I'm going electrickery with Turnigy 1450, 80A ESC, 4S 2200 and 8x4 prop"

Just a thought, what is the exact motor you have? The combination of 8x4 prop and 80A ESC for this model seems a bit odd.

There was a batch of horns made about the time of Oodalally that were brittle

SLEC scrapped the whole batch. Apparently the p;astic was not the normal type that they used. Not their fault.

I still bend them every so often but never have a failure since.

THat 8X4 prop sounds uselless for a model of the size. It is alwys more efficient to move a lot of air backwards slowly and a 10" prop or even bigger.

Why not give George at 4-Max a call.He will advise very accurately what you need. I know that I always call him for advice and it works.

In fact I will be calling him tomorrow for advice on mylatest design/

The piece of ply is cut and slotted for the wheel bracket, all ready to go in. Waiting for a new iron and the white covering, a change of underwear, a few days checking, re-checking, checking the rechecked checks and then covering will start. Brimming with confidence I am hahaha

I love my Ood and goes like a rocket with a glow 32 in it, This will be my 4th season with it I think. I have repaired it about 3 times after various prangs and it now looks like an old warhorse. Mine has a vicious wing stall if flown too slowly so my advice is keep the speed up even when landing.

Edited By D for Donald on 12/02/2019 22:44:04

Saw your posts earlier in the thread D. Don't you fly from an aircraft carrier? From what I've read here and about, my gut feeling about these plans was pretty good. I've looked at hundreds of various sorts on Aerofred but this looked an easy enough build and I like the styling a lot