for Futaba Lovers only

bouncebounce crunch

Advert

I have two of those "Gold" Tx's and think they were the best. However, I wonder if they are still "legal" to use, as neither has the C E sticker. Only one has the old SMAE approved sticker. Are they still allowed to be used? I last used mine a year ago, but now use Futaba 2.4.

DH82A - as has been discussed before, the CE marking is only a legal requirement in order to SELL certain stuff in Europe.

In order to USE it, it needs to meet the relevant technical specs. The presence of the CE mark indicates that somebody (manufacturer or importer) is claiming that these specs are met. The absence of the CE mark tells us nothing about whether or not it meets those specs.

Posted by John Privett on 25/11/2012 12:49:13:

DH82A - as has been discussed before, the CE marking is only a legal requirement in order to SELL certain stuff in Europe.

And then, I believe, only if you can be considered a "trader" - private sales certainly aren't covered.

BEB

PS Nice Tranny!

PPS Steve, actually Ken quite regualrly uses a pram - sometimes its the only way he and Weasel can make it home from the pub! wink 2

Posted by Steve Hargreaves - Moderator on 25/11/2012 11:29:27:

Oh come on Ken.....radio hadn't been invented when you were in your pram.....wink 2

In fact rumour has it that electricity was still some way off when you were in nappies....teeth 2

steve hargreaves pr6 .......keep ken truthful dept.....smile p

amazing some of the responses to a genuine honest answer.....i'll have to start and think twice before i jump in again..... teeth 2 ...

ken anderson .....ne..1 think twice-post once dept....