What are your 2013 build plans?

Adrian Day

Good morning all, and a happy new year to you all,

well the new year is now off to a good start and build post are all go, please tell us what your building and if you can post a picture, Even better, add pictures of your progress if you so wish.. so we can see how your build is coming along

Also if people are building the same model as your self post your questions and help on this at same time.. I look forward to reading and seeing your pictures of builds

Regards Adrian

Advert

G'day there Adrian my builds drag on as time permits but this is my scenario.

1/6th sig j3 cub /not clipped scaled as best as my skills allow. 1/3rd of build complete

Sig Wonder /electric this time- to replace the one I stood on. build is from the plan.beercocktailcrook

plan built stand off scale Rearwin Speedster 42", major restructure after rat made nest with wingtips, most of the plans, and a few ribs.angry 2

House of Balsa P51 /electric.

nice one CS Looks like a little busy new year for you then .. have been popping into that post the last 2 weeks .. looking good there. love bips thats going to be a future plan build for me tiger moth .. got the plan just need the wood .. and its a big plan so its going to be along term build

Regard Adrian

Posted by bouncebouncecrunch on 02/01/2013 11:19:25:

G'day there Adrian my builds drag on as time permits but this is my scenario.

1/6th sig j3 cub /not clipped scaled as best as my skills allow. 1/3rd of build complete

Sig Wonder /electric this time- to replace the one I stood on. build is from the plan.beercocktailcrook

plan built stand off scale Rearwin Speedster 42", major restructure after rat made nest with wingtips, most of the plans, and a few ribs.angry 2

House of Balsa P51 /electric.

WOW sounds like you have a very busy year a head,
Not good on the Standing on or the rat little so so they dont care where they nest do they,
. i wish you every bit of luck with your builds and will be keeping eyes open for the build threads

nice list there Steve

Mini Panic

Mini Jazz

Pix 'E' Major

Phoenix 2000

Possibly an Acro Wot.....

not seen the mini picnics will have to look them up will be watching for those and my fav Pix-E .. been thinking about building a Wot too. but not sure .. looking for a little simple training plane plan..

happy new year to you Steve i hope to see some build threads with your name on wink
Regard Adrian

Adrian - The plan is still formulating, and there is a 'pre-build blog' on here.

I have bought a CD of plans from Ebay and will see what ideas i can steal from that.

The first priorities at the moment are, in order

Loft Conversion (being done by pros)

Shed build (being done by me)

Other small DIY jobs (being done by me and family)

Prepare house for child arriving (mostly me again!)

Olly

Well let me see now,

to finish:

Own design electric glider.(quite excited about this one, not far to go now with the original design and looking forward to playing around with different wings on it also.

Own design low wing racer,(not happy with this one, fuselage didn't end up as straight as it could have done, will persevere)

HK J3 Cub(last years birthday present still in box)

To start:

Either a scale Bird Dog or a parasol racer(these 1920's/30's jobbers are crackin' , just have to see how things go there as I change my mind more often than my socks.

All the best everybody! Hope all your builds during 2013 go well.smiley

Glad i'm not alone with a growing list then lol,i have

1, atrex 500 in an airwolf shell with a 4 bladed head to finnish off

2,A TN 62" spitfire roughly knocked up but loads to do

3, The basic 3D that i won on this site ,thats laid out on another table

4, This years mass biuld,the power train turned up this morning so i will be finding a space to start later.

I have also got to get a lot of flying practice in,i bought my nephew a blade 120sr for christmas,spent some time teaching him what did what and away he went.I'm already asking him how did you do that.

Finish my TN 62" Spitfire.

Finish Fly Baby (being built in a suitcase - details to follow!)

Build an own design - maybe a DH Moth Minor or Fun Fly 48. Both drawn up, just need to pick one.

Get cracking with my Dennis Bryant Chipmunk.

For the immediate future I want to knock up a pair of skis for my Wot 4 - hoping for some snow soon!

Finish off latest own design Skywriter - build blog on forum

Finish off 1/4 scale Spitfire MkXV

YT 50cc Trojan

LMC Gnatty (picked up off ebay - it was my 2nd model back in the early eighties)

Own Design Bristol Blenheim Mk1V (96" twin electric - drawings in process now)

I guess their will be a couple of other projects slotted in also

Linds

Edited By Lindsay Todd on 02/01/2013 13:12:00

Job 1... Finish Electric Puppeteer

Job 2 Finish Royal/Marutaka Zero.... [A nice breezy spring day will be needed to finish the carving!]

Job 3 I have a scale own design partially drawn up. It's very rarely modelled, looks stunning and when I begin the build log, It will be interesting to see how long it takes for people to work out what it is!

Posted by GrahamC on 02/01/2013 13:09:52:

Job 3 I have a scale own design partially drawn up. It's very rarely modelled, looks stunning and when I begin the build log, It will be interesting to see how long it takes for people to work out what it is!

Concorde? (He says in hope!)

There are some fabulous projects here! Lots of Spitfires too, great!

CS

Mine currently on the bench, although these admittadly are really hangovers from 2012,

On bench:

• Sig Kougar. Just finishing the build and awaiting glassing (superlight fibreglass and PolyC). Fitted with JEN 47 and tuned pipe.
  • Robin Fowler designed 40" Curtis P40 Kittyhawk. Built from plan for electric powered 3S 2200mah lipo.
  • Hangar 9 Denight Special. Evolution 52 and Genisis tuned pipe

To finish:

• Bobcat 52

Titivating:

• 1/4 Scale Balsa USA Nieuport 11, just adding scale detail and running the petrol engine in.
  • Added some more scale detail to the H9 Corsair that I redid in FAA scheme, undercarriage doors, oleo legs etc.

I must maiden the Denight Special, P-40 Kittyhawk, Bobcat and Kougar and get some more flights on the Nieuport before I even think about any other modelswink

Chris