Hobbyking Returns

colin watson

i purchased some nanotech batteries for my 450 heli these are normally great with good C rating. i received them on the 11th of January first thing i did was check the batteries (hobbyking only accept a battery which has a cell difference of more the 0.245v to be faulty) one of the batteries had one cell registering only 1 volt not the minimum 3.3v for a lipo. i searched the hobbyking web site regarding returns, i also contacted them regarding this faulty battery. i eventually found the returns policy and after careful reading followed everyone of the instructions as it quite clearly states to omit any details will void the return. i sent the battery back the same day after many emails from kyle in the support centre still no joy they haven't received my battery amongst the excuses.

it appears they just don't accept returns of faulty goods as three weeks later i don't appear to be any closer to receiving a replacement.

Has anyone else experienced the same difficulties with this supplier?

Advert

Colin

I had to return a faulty servo to Hobbyking UK just after Christmas and had a full credit given within a week. Out of 84 orders over the last few years this was the first time I have needed to test the returns system and for me it worked as I would have hoped. Sure Scott will sort things out for you anyway.

• 4 months later...

I recently purchased a wing camera, which according to various you tube videos appeared to offer decently quality images. On receiving the camera I discovered that although it would work on the usb connection it would not work on the installed battery. I have been in contact with Hobbyking ( a strange and mystical world to say the least!!) and as yet have only received mumblings from a remote person named 'Mary' How can you take a photo or video of something (their instructions) that isn't damaged but plainly faulty. Not very impressed with the service.

• 2 years later...

I have just had an experience with returning a faulty item to Hobbyking. I had a Turnigy Action Cam which decided not to accept a charge. I filled in the form on the website and posted the item on Monday morning.

I was informed that it had arrived then that it had been evali=uated and that I would be credited with my money by Tuesday evening

On Wednesday I was given further advice and then that I had been credited with the money but that I could have a paypal refund if I wanted.

I opted for the Paypal refund.

Thursday morning and I had my full refund notification from Paypal.

Now that is really brilliant service and I felt that they should be given full credit for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Many years of using and many orders, always swift and Accurate. Only one item, a red brick esc which was faulty from the start.... Went through the returns process inc the video upload which was a pain. Return fully accepted and replacement item sent within days . Great service

Steve

Edited By Steve Jones 2 on 02/04/2016 11:10:47