Aldi Sunday 10th Feb

Tomorrow Sunday 10th February 2013, Aldi has some interesting bargains on this day:

Gloss Outdoor spray paint £2.99 per 400ml can

colours: Red/blue/yellow/black/green/white

Table Vice Multi position with G clamp and suction feet £6.99

Digital caliper guage & box £8.99

180W detail sander £14.99

Other power tools available.

Ruprect

Advert

Posted by savedbytheground on 10/02/2013 10:05:43:

Hi Reprect,

Thanks for tip, and I'm off down there now to what the odds are of them having a Vernier gauge in stock. We have two Aldis in Exeter so I might be on to a winner, I bet I'm lucky.....

Regards

John

You had better get a gallop on otherwise you may mince them.

Hi John, I bought one last time they were on offer. Did some research on their quality and apparently the digital bit very good. Passed the Standard Inspection tes in an instrument lab. The comment that did come out was that analog scale was a bit off on the one they tested - but excellent value.

Ian

Edited By Rentman on 10/02/2013 10:23:31

Just got back,

The ALDI Sunday offer certainly whipped up a bit of interest, It was very busy so had to jockey for position at the tills after trotting down the aisles, got a vernier gauge but had run out of one of the other items, it's Ok though as the assistant said they had some more coming in at ten to four.

Added bonus was a pack of glue sticks that came in differnt colours.

I got saddled with a bill of over £40 for all the other stuff I bought..... to cap it all I stalled the car in the car park near the fence.

The Vernier Gauge works fine, very pleased...

Regards

John ( I make it ten)

Johnny's tip of the day :-

If you have a tired old lathe or milling machine you can use those cheap digital verniers as cheap digital displays. Just buy two of them, cut off the jaws, make up some suitable brackets and attach them to the cross slide of your lathe or the X,Y,Z of your milling machine. You then have English or Metric measurement at a flick of a switch and you can zero the scale at any time........and sooooo cheap

Johnny

Savedbytheground

this cheap display can easily be fitted to your pillar drill by first removing the depth stop arrangment on the front of the machine, can also be fitted to a cross vice (XY table vice) to give you accurate hole positioning or convert into a lightweight milling machine.....got to be good for the price

Johnny